PS50C550 sound but no picture.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PS50C550 sound but no picture.

I bit the bullet and bought a Ysus board plugged it in without the y-buffer plugged in and got exactly the same fault.

Does the control board test all the way up to the buffer board?

Comment

I REALLY HATE THIS TV. I replaced the Y main z main logic and buffer board and everything worked for a few months. Now I'm back to square 1.
      TV turns on on hear the sound from the last freeview channel but have to picture. Backlight never came on. I really don't want to spend anymore money on this junk (however, picture was nice WHEN IT WORKED!!!!)

The last few months the picture would disappear (happened twice) but a simple power cycle resolved it.

When the TV died last night, it was on for 5 hours straight. (mrs. off sick curled up on the couch)

Comment

This is the trouble buying S/H boards....

They Also have several Thousand Hours use on 'em!
        --As such, the same wear and tear takes place and their time to failure is limited.

Its best where possible to diagnose and repair the boards/faults properly to component level--With New Parts....
        TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
        http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
        PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Originally posted by alastair e View Post
          this is the trouble buying s/h boards....

They also have several thousand hours use on 'em!
          --as such, the same wear and tear takes place and their time to failure is limited.

Its best where possible to diagnose and repair the boards/faults properly to component level--with new parts....
          +1
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Working...
          X