LG LCD TV 42LG3000 Picture Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG LCD TV 42LG3000 Picture Problem

Hi, everyone. I'm new here. Sorry for my bad english.
    Got cheap LCD TV from neighbour for my kid. First when I turned it on screen was black but slowly it turned white and stayed white.
    Bad T-CON board was suspected, so I changed AS15F chip on T-CON board as it was very hot. New AS15F chip is very hot as well(you can burn your fingers instantly). Now TV comes on, but there is issue with image, screen looks very bright and flickers. You can see it in attached video.

http://youtu.be/78sWL1zE28w

I still suspect that T-CON board is bad. Is there anything else that I can try before I'll buy a new T-CON? Or is it Main board fault? All my equipment is DMM and soldering iron

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: LG LCD TV 42LG3000 Picture Problem

anyone?

Comment

If your soldering skills are not very good, I think you should just replace the T-CON board all together.

Comment

Check for shorts on adjacent pins on the AS15F. And check all legs are soldered. It took me a couple if tries. It could also be a faulty chip, which is common with these.Maybe try another.

Comment

1 out of 5 AS15 are duds.

Comment

Thanks for your opinions. I appreciate that. Here are picture of my soldering. One trace came off the board when I was desoldering old chip, you can see it on that picture. I soldered it to nearest trace.

I ordered new T-CON board. But would like to fix old one.

Could it be bad capacitors on mainboard (some of them gets quite warm)? Or bad capacitors on power supply? They all look fine, not leaking or bulging.

Many thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

Your soldering looks good to me. Could just be a bad chip again. If too much heat is applied during the soldering process, that could damage the chip as well.

Comment

Check voltages on TCON at test points

Comment

Thanks guys for your help!!! It was a bad AS15 chip. Soldered new one and it works like a charm!!! New chip is not as hot as first one was.
                  Thanks again everyone

Comment

Great news. Glad you managed to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                    X