Toshiba 46XF356 T-conn problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 46XF356 T-conn problem

I joined this forum after finding advice that the vertical stripes on my screen could be T-conn related. My initial problem is that I am unable to remove the ribbon connectors. I understand that they are delicate and I am afraid of causing damage. I am unable to see any kind of lock, there is a flap that seems to be for pulling, however.
    The basic problem is that there are vertical stripes, about 12 to 15 of them, mainly in one cluster, but also two separate. After left on for about an hour, half of them are gone, the rest remain.
    The advice I have read is to clean and reseat the connection, also one that says tap the top of the LCD screen itself. Tapping makes no difference, I should very much like to open the contact. Can anyone direct me? Also what kind of solvent if any for cleaning?

Re: Toshiba 46XF356 T-conn problem

Sounds more like a failed panel to me.

Pictures of fault and TCON please

Comment

I need to go out right now, but will supply screen pictures tonight. The stripes are of all kinds, i.e. red, green and blue, very narrow and quite distinct.

Since I need to open up the box again to view the boards, I hate to do that until I know that I am able to do something. There are, however, two connectors at the top under the shield, and I don't want to apply more force than needed. Will look for picture elsewhere on the web.

Comment

Pictures of your boards are preferable, If there are faults that are visual to the trained eye we will spot them where as others may not, Board revisions can also be different etc.

Still to me its a failed panel but without you opening the set we cannot help you find any faults if it is the boards, So you may as well rip her open

Comment

I am not able to find picture of the exact Toshiba t-con card again. The problem that I am seeking help for, as stated above, is that I am unable/am afraid to pull the flat cables out although I see no locks holding them back. Is there any hidden lock or should I just pull?

As for screen shots of the stripes, I will show them if I learn how to include pictures in a post ;-)

Comment

Which button do I push to include pictures?

Comment

We need pictures of YOUR boards! We cannot help you without pictures of the fault AND your board.

Click "Go Advanced" and use attachments

Comment

Here are two screen shots. I will open the set later on to show the board.

On the first shot (1397) appear one group of lines two the left of the screen, another two groups to the right. This is right after the set was turned on.

The second (1398) about an hour later, shows (although a bit dark here) that the two first clusters are gone completely and the third substantially smaller. A few lines more will go away eventually, but most in this group stay.
                Attached Files

Comment

Panel problem.
                  Attached Files
                  Never stop learning
                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Here is the board and connectors. The cover (1400) says LJ63-04553A. I did not remove that the first time when I opened, but still with this closer look I am not able to see any lock.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I agree budm that it may have something to do with the board, but before I go ahead and change it, I would like to try to refurbish the connector as per the advice that I have read previously. So all I am asking at this stage is how to remove it. Is there a lock or do I just pull harder.

Comment

No point changing it, The panel is faulty.

It isn't the board at fault.. Its the LCD itself that is
                        Last edited by newtothis; 05-08-2015, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Possibly just bad tab bonds?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25371

Comment

Originally posted by mwalsh View Post
                            The use of "just" in that question is wrong!

You can attempt to press the bonds down but TBH looking at the amount of lines and being on 2 bonds your repair chances are very slim!

Lift the brown tab in the motion shown in image.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by newtothis; 05-08-2015, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by newtothis View Post
                              The use of "just" in that question is wrong!
                              Wrong? No. Understatement? Yes, I'll admit to that.

Comment

I meant the use of the word "just" was wrong in the context of that question

Comment

Thanks for the advice to lift tab, newtothis. I was too impatient to wait for your post, though, so I found out myself by chance, but in a way that may have been too rough. Now I am not able to get the ribbon back properly any more.

Comment

Any visual damage?

Make take a few gentle attempts at different angles to get them in

Comment

I will not subject the board to any more of my amateur fiddling. If I had been told immediately that the ribbon has no connector plug, that the top side is in fact a flap to lift, and that the removal is a delicate operation, I might have handled it better. As it stands now, a professional repair shop is the next stop.

Comment

Professional repair shop won't be able to 'fix' your fault.

Unless they are able to replace tab bondings, and the chances of that are slim to none.

Comment

Working...
                                        X