Stumped on Samsung PN60E530A3F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stumped on Samsung PN60E530A3F

Thank you so much! Exactly what I needed to know.
    Kevin

Comment

Hi guys, been following this thread and decided to try and freeze the caps and chip on the y-main referenced by the attached picture. I was able to see a picture however there was a horizontal block missing in the center of the screen also referenced in the picture.

I used a can of dust off upside down due to not having proper freeze spray, and there was some condensation. Did I damage something or do you think the missing picture is due to the original issue of bad caps. Or lastly maybe the panel is also bad or the y-buffer is damaged.

Thanks hopefully this makes sense. Just wanna know if i should proceed with trying to repair this tv or recycling it if it's beyond repair.

Also not sure how to orient the pictures in the attachment. Not sure why the pic got attached upside down.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by mungk; 09-29-2016, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Turns out I just needed to reseat one of the connectors from the ybuff to the panel. Now I guess it's just a matter of replacing the three blue caps. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Inlinetwin View Post
          I was able to complete the repair by replacing the smd, S18660BA, on the back of the board. I wasn't able to find any reference to the chip but I guessed it was a logic chip. Therefore on the data and clock pins the gate should be open when turned off. I measured a high resistance value across a couple of the gates and determined it was bad. I had another y main board from a different tv with this chip so I pulled that chip (which checked okay) and replaced the bad one. The y main pn i took the chip from is lj92-01958 and is for a 2013 model tv.

Ok, I have checked everything else on this thread so far. I replaced the blue caps, and used freeze spray on the 3BR0665J chip. Tried the voltage divider that drussell made, still no go. I have checked everything on the y-main that I can. Checked the panel for cracks. That leaves me with the chip in the above quote.

How do I go about checking this?
          If I do find it to be bad, is there something I can use in its place?

I have searched the net for it, but have found no information at all about it. Thanks for any help!!

Comment

Hi guys. I wanted to share my experience with this issue.
            I have a PN60E550D1F that for the last couple of years has had a deteriorating issue in which if the TV was warmed up, powered off, then back on, it would have no picture. Only sound. When it first appeared, usually letting it cool down for 5 minutes would resolve. More recently it needed to wait at least an hour before it would work again.

Warming up the 3BR0665J chip area with a hair drier duplicated the issue reliably. I then cooled it with freeze spray and it came right back to life. I did try drussell's voltage divider trick, boosting the VIN to about 24.8v. It helped, but did not resolve the issue entirely. It only shortened the cool down time to about 5-15 minutes.

This evening I replaced C5162, C5046, and C5160 with Nichicon 105c 10uf 63v electrolytics. I have a new 3BR0665J on hand, but wanted to try just those 3 caps first.

I am happy to say that it now works like a new TV! I can power cycle any time, and it comes right back on!

Here's a before/after of the caps I replaced for future reference:

Thanks for the research and info guys. I was able to repair my TV for less than 30 cents!

Comment

Still working on this Y-main board LJ92-01859A. Don't have a schematic on it and have another question for the experts out there. Someone had attempted to repair this and I'm just checking to make sure they installed these MOSFETS in there correct locations. The ones in question are near the svc_gnd Q5019 and Q5017. Q5019 is p/n SMK1060 and Q5017 is p/n SMK1625F.
              Thank you,
              Kevin

Comment

Anyone with this board on hand can verify for me?
                Thank you,
                Kevin

Comment

its not cracked!
                  reseat the ribbons on y buffer in line with the area the lines are in.
                  Originally posted by Wingryder View Post
                  Still going and here's the proof

Comment

Ok will check when I get this y-main verified is correct will reinstall it and make sure the y-main buffer is installed correctly.

Thank you,
                    Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by redruM69 View Post
                      Hi guys. I wanted to share my experience with this issue.
                      I have a PN60E550D1F that for the last couple of years has had a deteriorating issue in which if the TV was warmed up, powered off, then back on, it would have no picture. Only sound. When it first appeared, usually letting it cool down for 5 minutes would resolve. More recently it needed to wait at least an hour before it would work again.

Warming up the 3BR0665J chip area with a hair drier duplicated the issue reliably. I then cooled it with freeze spray and it came right back to life. I did try drussell's voltage divider trick, boosting the VIN to about 24.8v. It helped, but did not resolve the issue entirely. It only shortened the cool down time to about 5-15 minutes.

This evening I replaced C5162, C5046, and C5160 with Nichicon 105c 10uf 63v electrolytics. I have a new 3BR0665J on hand, but wanted to try just those 3 caps first.

I am happy to say that it now works like a new TV! I can power cycle any time, and it comes right back on!

Here's a before/after of the caps I replaced for future reference:

Thanks for the research and info guys. I was able to repair my TV for less than 30 cents!

Where did you get the parts from?
                      Any part numbers, etc?

Comment

Components available from mouser
                        http://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/T...RVCg0Gjyk5Q%3d

http://eu.mouser.com/ProductDetail/I...1ilgHfrCfRM%3d
                        Last edited by dick_barton; 12-03-2016, 08:16 AM.
                        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Called Infineon directly.
                          The following is a direct replacement for the obsolete 3BR0665JZ (7-pin):

It's the ICE3RBR0665JZ (7-pin)
                          http://www.mouser.com/Search/Product...E3RBR0665JZXKL

Comment

Can I get a quick confirmation that C5160 is supposed to be 10uf 50v?

It appears I have a shoddy repair from someone, it's been replaced with 10uf 25v. They also used electrolytic caps and not ceramic. Will replace with ceramic.

Comment

I'm working on this tv and tracked down the issue to the Y main board as well before finding this site. I opted to order a replacement board to pop in there and to also get readings from a good/working board. Once I have that board in a few days and IF it works/fixes the issue if yall want me to look at any one point on the board before I send the tv back out let me know.

Comment

it would be interesting to have the voltage readings for all 8 pins of U5014 so that others can make a comparison with their board.
                                Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
                                  it would be interesting to have the voltage readings for all 8 pins of U5014 so that others can make a comparison with their board.
                                  Ok, call me blind but cant find u5014

Comment

Thanks to all that dedicated time and brain effort to find the source of the problem with this particular tv model that has sound and no image. It has been of great help for many of us that are seeking for a solution in an effort to try to repair this problematic tv's ourselves.
                                    After reading the majority of the comments I made a decision of getting the repair kit sold on eBay that includes the 3 capacitors and the Ic and after I replaced all of those, the tv started up with no issues at least for now. I still need to use the tv regularly to conclude the repair is a success.

Comment

i know this is an old post but does anyone know if the u5014 ic needs to be 7 pin

im looking up the original part# 3BR0666JZ on ebay and other sites and all i see is 8 pin

the original is 7 pin with 8 holes on the board

does it matter?

Comment

You can cut off the missing pin
                                        They have that there because the board is single layer and the isolation between source and drain of the internal transistor isn't as great, if the area is humid it could flash over and cause a failure.
                                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Update

Replaced the 3 blue caps on you'd

Did not replace the ic

Tv now powers on with picture

This site helped me out a lot.....this seems to be a common issue yet very inexpensive repair

$2 in parts only

I got 10uf 50 v multilayer ceramic caps from arrow electronics....they have free shipping.....

Comment

Working...
                                          X