Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung PS51D550 no picture!

Okay i already found a x main replacement board for good price :P

Is it normal that i hear loud buzzing at the bottom of the screen when i try to turn it on ?

Comment

With a dead short Vs to ground you should have had a blown fuse. Did you ?

Comment

Well i cant find anything that looks like a fuse :S
        https://flattvparts.co.uk/images/sam...50DH-DF_XM.jpg
        Can you tell where is the fuse?

Comment

You cannot use 720p board in this 1080p set. Be careful: the 720p board has less components and will not work in this TV, this is probably the part you have found, the 1080p board is unobtanium.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

i have a little different board! I took this picture from google bacause they look the same(Maybe little different) to know what does the fuse look like and where its located.

I have still the original board what came with the tv!

Comment

There is no fuse on these boards. Only a few older plasma TV boards use fuses.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

So i just need new board?

Comment

Have you checked for shorts on the current board? Did you find any?

You will be lucky to find a replacement board. I think repair is the only way. Many of these are failing recently, probably 5 on here last month alone.

Comment

Where/How should i start looking?
                    From Voltage regulators attached to radiators?

Comment

Tom he says in post 18 he has a Vs-ground short on xmain.

Comment

So i measured the resistance between VS and ground again, and on a 2000ohm scale it doesnt show resistance but if i change the range to 200k ohm the resistance keeps rising (Loading caps?)

Comment

You need to tell us what you mean by "shows resistance", is that a low number few ohms, or slowly increasing, or single "1" meaning open circuit.

Comment

If i measure With 2000ohm range it shows single 1
                            If i switch to 200k ohm range its slowly rising.

Comment

Ok, that is not shorted, that is measured on X-main from Vs to GND?

Comment

Yes! If i try to turn the tv on i see little white flashing on the bottom of the screen for a second

Comment

Are there absolutely no cracks on the screen itself?

Comment

There is 1 inside the screen i cant feel it with finger but i can see it.
                                    The tv worked after the crack.

Comment

This kills the panel. Sorry, but the crack is triggering a control board shut down due to Y-buffer short. Usually non-repairable.

You can try replacing the Y-buffer board but it will probably die again very quickly

Comment

I have already replaces y buffer(its the long one in left side) but still no pic. You sayd ppanel is usually nonrepairable is there a way?

Comment

Usually non-repairable in that if it has actually cracked and broken the electrodes then no it's not repairable. In a few cases the crack does not cause any permanent harm but the impact might have damaged a board due to a temporary transient short or panel change.

Unfortunately from what info you have provided this is almost certainly caused by the crack in the panel and it won't be fixable, sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                          X