Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo DP42840 (P42840-06) No power

Hello Gents,
    I have here a TV owned by a friend who suffered a brown out before the TV died. There is no signs of life on the TV.
    I have some electronics experience, soldering, DVM, Oscope, experience.
    I have checked the power supply board, analog board, and logic board for obvious failures, bad caps, smoke spots, etc. None have been found.
    Voltages present at connector K8B with main power plugged in:
    1)2.8V
    2)0V
    3)5.04V
    4)0V
    5)0V
    6)12.16V
    7)12.16V
    8)12.16V
    9)12.16V
    10)0V
    11)0V
    12)24.48V
    13)24.48V
    14)3.28V

5Vstnby is also present at K8CTR pin 1 while pin 4 of the same connector is 0V until the power button is pressed then it is 3.21V

After hours of pouring over this forum, and the schematics, I have become lost in space...er I mean this schematic.

I assume the main logic board is sick, but wanted to get some confirmation first, and even a direction to head to save it if possible. I have a microscope to solder with so the small SMD components are not completely taboo for me to repair.

Re: Sanyo DP42840 (P42840-06) No power

Added board photo's
    Attached Files

Comment

Can you list the names of the pins at that connector as well, so we know which rails have voltage etc?

Also upload the schematic if you can
      "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
      -David VanHorn

Comment

This excerpt is for the power supply side of the cable, so connections are sequentially reversed.
        Attached Files

Comment

http://www.toms-service-manuals.com/...h=Submit+Query

here is the manual I found

Comment

Pin 4 is labelled as a ground - if it's rising to 3.21V there may be some serious problem. Is it connected to other ground pins or a separate one for some circuit?
            "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
            -David VanHorn

Comment

Pin 4 on the power supply line is indeed gnd. The pin 4 that is going to 3.21v is on the connector that returns to the switch.
              The included detail is of the schematic of the power board connector (at the power board) and I think it means the signal to pin 4 on the analog board is correct.
              Attached Files

Comment

Fixed!

Sad to say I didn't get any real help with this unit. I did scramble a Hail Mary pass and purchased the eeprom and audio amp logic repair kit from shop jimmy.

Unit is fixed!

Word of note, get a magnifier or microscope to install this kit. Lots of very little pins, and SMD components.

Comment

Working...
                X