• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TC-P42U2 panasonic 42" plasma, 10 blinks

Originally posted by ga70gto View Post
    Leads reversed, 4.67M ohms

VFG to Pin2, 219.9K ohms

So, according to these measurements my SM board may just be okay.

Moduslink wants $110 to refurbish it, $50 to test it if nothings wrong, which I was considering just for the peace of mind.

So, unfortunately before you had responded with the "correct" diagnostic procedures I bought one off of Ebay for $28 including shipping. Seller had a 99.3% approval rating, so maybe I'll have a spare.

I never mentioned that the guy I got the tv from had "2" of them, I gave $50 for the tv not knowing if it could be fixed so at that time I wasn't willing to risk buying 2 dead TV's.

thanks for the continued support,

Pete
    Oh, well

It's $100, repair/return.

Test what? the buffers? Have you checked for shorted transistors on the Sc like Q661? Pretty sure it will be bad SC.

Only cheaper way would be self repair, the sure way is modus

Comment

Yes, it's $100. Once I clicked on the repair my board option the price dropped.

"shopjimmy" has a kit on Ebay right now for $42.99 which doesn't actually guarantee it will have all the bad parts. It would require replacing at least one IC and a couple of other surface mount items which I've never done but if other people can do it possibly so could I.

But, for about another $50 bucks I can send it out to modus and have a guarantee on their work at least.

Yes, I believe Q661 is shorted, possibly others but guess i'll chicken out of fixing it myself and send it off tomorrow. I really would like to see if I could fix it myself though........oh well.

If this fixes it I may try to purchase his other tv and try fixing it myself. At this time I don't know anything about it except it's a 42" also and mysteriously stopped working.

Thanks again TW. Without this forum and your help I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did and would still be throwing parts at a dead tv, or throwing it away.

Pete

I'll be sure to update this after the board comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by ga70gto View Post
        Yes, it's $100. Once I clicked on the repair my board option the price dropped.

"shopjimmy" has a kit on Ebay right now for $42.99 which doesn't actually guarantee it will have all the bad parts. It would require replacing at least one IC and a couple of other surface mount items which I've never done but if other people can do it possibly so could I.

But, for about another $50 bucks I can send it out to modus and have a guarantee on their work at least.

Yes, I believe Q661 is shorted, possibly others but guess i'll chicken out of fixing it myself and send it off tomorrow. I really would like to see if I could fix it myself though........oh well.

If this fixes it I may try to purchase his other tv and try fixing it myself. At this time I don't know anything about it except it's a 42" also and mysteriously stopped working.

Thanks again TW. Without this forum and your help I wouldn't have gotten as far as I did and would still be throwing parts at a dead tv, or throwing it away.

Pete

I'll be sure to update this after the board comes back.
        Yeah, it's one of things you need to decide. it can seem simple but once you start pullling the board apart you're committed as most places won't touch it for repair. at least in the state it's in it's a known state.

Only done a 5081 and a 5066 and both repairs are very similar. the 5105 would be along the same lines repair wise. In reality if time was no issue and parts sourced from china it'd be $10-20.

If the other is the same model maybe once you have a good Sc and assuming the other is the same fault you could use the good board as a template.
        I've got a fair idea what most likely is bad but easy to say fix it, guidng someone , not always that easy.

If you look at the board, rattling some quick part locations, , Ic773, Q701,702, 818, D702, Ic521 are some of the smaller things you'd need to be comfortable with removing and replacing. There's more than this but that's most of the small stuff off the top of my head

Comment

Woo hoo!!! Well, I shipped my "SC" board to moduslink and they returned it within 10 ten days. I installed it, went for broke and reassembled the tv. It's now been working for several weeks without incident. other than the obvious transistors they replaced I really couldn't see much else, maybe it wasn't so bad the ic's needed replacement or I just couldn't tell the difference, they did return my original board. So I'd like to thank all of you that replied and for the recommendation to send it to moduslink! thanks again TW for the guidance and your patience!

Pete

Comment

Hi i can not fine this diode t3d81, help thanks dog

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dog View Post
                Hi i can not fine this diode t3d81, help thanks dog
                Sounds like a clamping diode in the PSU, often tested in cct and mistakenly suspected to be faulty.

What exactly is the problem with your TV?

http://www.shindengen.co.jp/product_...d=06&sub_id=02

and the purpose of this is?

Comment

Thanks tw2005 that diode drove me nuts , it is a d504 vx8 vxst3d82bl3 ,from a panasonic th-50pz800u tv 704 pb ,winter project .and thanks again dog.

Comment

Thanks tw2005 that diode drove me nuts , it is a d504 vx8 vxst3d82bl3 ,from a panasonic th-50pz800u tv 704 pb ,winter project .and thanks again dog.
                    I thought you had the wrong part number, ST03D82 is in that link list but wrong thread for a PZ800, if 10 blink could be the common MC201/301 module issue on the PSU. Plenty of threads and youtube video on that, search model or PSU model and you should find it. NORCAL615 is the author

Comment

Thanks tw2005, the tv is a panasonic th-50pz800u 10 blinks pb. Etx2mm704mg -h - npx7o4mg-1 i bought the tv craig list, the guy tryied the mc201/301 the kit from ebay 2 ic 2 transistor ,i reinstalled it all mc201/301 new 2 1uf 50v 105 eletrolytic still ng .my prodlem is i cant get the service manual or schematic . To get the ac&dc volts ps i have 2 pb thanks again john
                      Last edited by dog; 11-25-2014, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks tw2005, the tv is a panasonic th-50pz800u 10 blinks pb. Etx2mm704mg -h - npx7o4mg-1 i bought the tv craig list, the guy tryied the mc201/301 the kit from ebay 2 ic 2 transistor ,i reinstalled it all mc201/301 new 2 1uf 50v 105 eletrolytic still ng .my prodlem is i cant get the service manual or schematic . To get the ac&dc volts ps i have 2 pb thanks again john
                        start a new thread for this model including all the info and what has been done etc

try Toms manuals in the sticky, bound to be one there, he's got a fair bit of experience with the PZ80/800 series
                        no point continuing here on a totally unrelated model.

thanks

Comment

Thanks tw2005,im new to badcaps.net i think im in the right spot now!
                          Last edited by dog; 11-26-2014, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                            SC2 pin 1 to pin 2, 3.021k ohms BAD
                            What would good be?

Comment

Originally posted by naptime View Post
                              What would good be?
                              You can't be 100% sure it's good checking SC2 resistance but you can certainly tell if it's bad when the resistance is low.

I'd say a reading of 300K ohms up to 2 meg. problem is measuring resistance in cct with the devices. It'll vary on the probe polarity too I find.

Maybe you could expand on your problem a bit more?

If you suspect a bad SC, this should have a TNPA5105, there should be several shorted out transistors if it has failed Q661 would be a common one to short.

EDIT: And as I've just read your intro you can disregard what I just said if your problem is with a PZ800 series as this thread is (was) about a 2010 P42U2
                              Last edited by tw2005; 11-03-2016, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X