X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP...Panasonic TC-P54s1

TV is 4 years old this year....

I am at my wits end with this TV. Back story:

2 Sept - TV goes dark with 7 blink pattern. after hours of internet fact finding (this forum included), narrowed it down to the SC board (TNPA4844) .

10 Sept - SC board replaced with used but "guaranteed" working. TV powers back up, WooHoo ....but now shows this:

BOOOO !!

15 Sept - I went ahead and replace both buffer boards (SD/SU:TNPA 4790&91). Same result. even went through two sets of board to make sure!

25 Sept - Replaced SS Board (TNPA4783). Same result.

So if I'm correct: I've Replaced - Zsus, Ysus, and Buffers.

what the hell else could be wrong?
    Never had the picture problem before 7 blink issue

do i have a bad Panel?

FYI: I will never purchase another Panasonic ANYTHING again. Their customer service is shyte.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by yaadwerkz; 10-05-2014, 09:23 AM.

Re: HELP...Panasonic TC-P54s1

Could in fact be the SC you got by the sounds of it.

So originally when you fault found this,

Did you disconnect the sd/su and jumper SC50 and you still had 7 blinks?

Did you test the SD/SU for any shorts or follow the 2009 training guide and resistance test those?

And SC used was correct rev, TXNSC1ECUU (TNPA4844) (no suffix)

Do you have your original board still? Maybe see if you can return the SC and get yours repaired.

http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/txnsc1ecuu/

Post up some clear shots of the new board (SC), don't expect to find anything, but you never know.

Comment

Check Vad voltage on SC board. About -140V from memory.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

My Apologies Gents,

The SC board was not replaced with a "Guaranteed" working unit but was in fact REPAIRED by Moduslink. I got mixed up and was thinking about another TV with issues.

Unfortunately, my mechanical skills outweigh my electrical skills 10:1 & I don't own any voltage equipment nor have I used any. However, I did try 3 sets of SD/SU's all with the same results ( original and 2 replacements).

From the pics I posted, could it still be the SC or Buffers; should I send the SC back to Modus for a second go round?
        the discoloration is the only problem now.....

Comment

I think SC board is the fault in this case, however some checks can be done to be sure.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Panasonic woes. I have had nothing but success with their products; however, I will never purchase another Samsung TV again, as I am STILL trying to find an X Sus board for my 51" 3D. 2 major problems in 2 years. My Panny is still rolling, and the 720p picture is just as good as the alleged 1080i/p on the Sammy.

But I fully understand where you are coming from

Comment

Originally posted by yaadwerkz View Post
              My Apologies Gents,

The SC board was not replaced with a "Guaranteed" working unit but was in fact REPAIRED by Moduslink. I got mixed up and was thinking about another TV with issues.

Unfortunately, my mechanical skills outweigh my electrical skills 10:1 & I don't own any voltage equipment nor have I used any. However, I did try 3 sets of SD/SU's all with the same results ( original and 2 replacements).

From the pics I posted, could it still be the SC or Buffers; should I send the SC back to Modus for a second go round?
              the discoloration is the only problem now.....
              I would contact them, send pictures and outline what you've done and get advice from them. Also maybe post a picture of how all the boards are hooked up and the top side of the SC just in case we can spot something .
              Last edited by tw2005; 10-06-2014, 01:32 AM.

Comment

roger that,

I'll give Modus a ring and post new pics after work today...

Comment

I emailed Modus today and showed them the pictures. They responded with "it could be the A /Main board. does that make sense? I thought the main board received the signal from external sources and transmit. I don't have anything plugged into the TV and still get those pics..........

Comment

well gents,

It seems as tho Mr. TC-P54s1 has reverted back to the original problem of the 7 blink pattern. I turned it on, 5 seconds later heard a pop.....I'll be introducing it to a Cricket bat on Wednesday. Iv'e spent a little over $160 on parts and that's as far as i'm willing to go on shitty Panasonic manufactured product.

I'm gonna remove the SD/SU, SS boards and maybe on ebay for cheap. Maybe some1 can use them for T/shooting purposes.

Fare the well

Comment

well gents,

It seems as tho Mr. TC-P54s1 has reverted back to the original problem of the 7 blink pattern. I turned it on, 5 seconds later heard a pop.....I'll be introducing it to a Cricket bat on Wednesday. Iv'e spent a little over $160 on parts and that's as far as i'm willing to go on shitty Panasonic manufactured product.

I'm gonna remove the SD/SU, SS boards and maybe on ebay for cheap. Maybe some1 can use them for T/shooting purposes.

Fare the well
                      Well that's just silly, I'm sure you have a wty and not sure why you persisted in turning this on when you were about to send the SC back .

Unless the panel has an issue.

I would not give up yet,see what modus will do , send it back, and the buffer sets, see if they'll check those or find someone who can follow the training guide and resistance check them.

Comment

Worse case , flog it off. Someone may want to have a go fixing or The mainboard maybe be worth some bucks.

Comment

I emailed Modus today and showed them the pictures. They responded with "it could be the A /Main board. does that make sense? I thought the main board received the signal from external sources and transmit. I don't have anything plugged into the TV and still get those pics..........
                          Sorry missed this. No way that is A board, Thumbs down to them and since the SC has failed , contact them again , inform them the SC just failed and request the SC be repaired under wty.

If they don't , well i think I'll stop posting their name.

Comment

Please don't break a set that can be fixed by someone else with more patience or experience.

Comment

Tom66 & tw2005

thanx for all your help and advice. I totally understand / respect your opinions on TC-P54s1 going to a crucible on Wednesday. It'll cost me more to continue than to just buy a new one. Luckily enough, I am emigrating and this POS won't work there anyway..I just don't have the time / funds / patience to go any further. I'm cross with panasonic and this will be symbolic for me . I got 4 years out of it (which is better than some apparently), and will never deal with panasonic again.

It seems like here in Georgia unless it's a rifle or fishing rod (Merica!!), i'm shit out of luck... I wish I was located closer to either one of you, unfortunately, the TV Gods did not want this.

On the plus side, I've stripped it down to bare bones and will be selling the parts on Ebay. Working parts will be discounted and questionable parts will be heavily discounted for test purposes.
                              Last edited by yaadwerkz; 10-06-2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Oh well, some things i guess you have to let be. I need to remind myself of that at times I refuse to quit. You did your best and rotten luck.

Unfortunately I can't think of a brand that will give with certainty a long life. I do know that the Panasonic gear is usually good and the Plasmas seem to age well albeit they do have some Sc failures along the way.

If the panels were crap I'd be less inclined to spend the time fixing them. Plasmas are out of fashion, but I'l always like them.

I have a 2.5 yr $2500 Samsung 55" smart 3d and it's dead all because of defective side lit LEDs. Totally unrepairable. At least I can get my plasmas going again until the panel dies.

So, what on earth does one buy?

Comment

An old KURO
                                  The OLEDs will probably be worse...

Comment

Working...
                                  X