Samsung LE40A558P3F new AS15-F did not cure Solarized picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LE40A558P3F new AS15-F did not cure Solarized picture

I have a Samsung LE40A558P3F that has a solarized display. It just happened whilst I was watching over a 2 minute period.

I read lots on this forum and concluded that the problem was the AS15-F.
    I replaced the little beast, during which I decided that lead free solder is crap!

However the problem still persists, below are the before and after replacement readings of the gamma voltages.
    Also attached photos of screen with and without aerial plugged in, picture is the same with HDMI inputs.
    • Before After
    • 1 15.39 15.38
    • 2 15.14 15.11
    • 3 15.05 14.98
    • 4 13.56 12.14
    • 5 12.21 11.72
    • 6 10.67 10.88
    • 7 6.29 5.89
    • 8 4.18 3.61
    • 9 7.83 7.70
    • 10 8.25 8.11
    • 11 7.97 7.90
    • 12 7.10 7.10
    • 13 6.70 6.69
    • 14 6.55 6.65
    • 15 5.33 5.33
    • 16 5.02 5.02
    • 17 4.37 4.36
    • 18 3.47 3.46
    • 19 2.70 2.68
    • 20 0.69 0.67
    • 21 0.57 0.55
    • 22 0.32 0.31
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dypcdiver; 09-05-2014, 03:53 AM. Reason: Sorry about the list but spaces get cut by software!!

Re: Samsung LE40A558P3F new AS15-F did not cure Solarized picture

I've just replaced one of these, the voltages should go down from pins 1-22. On yours, 7, 8 and 9 are off before and after the AS15-F replacement so that suggests something else has failed on the tcon.
    I'm no expert but it might give you a place to start looking before a more experienced member assists.

Comment

Yes both before and after test are bad. there are a lot of bad AS15-F chips about from sellers on Ebay and China,and if you had to play with it to get it fitted they will not take much heat before they are damaged, I would try fitting a second replacement before anything else Flocko

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I see what you mean with the dip in voltage, but as it applies to both chips the as mentioned by "diif" I suspect the fault is elsewhere, obviously the question is where?

Comment

No, it more than likely is a bad AS15-F. We've seen it before, most likely it's a coincidence the failure occurred in two similar places.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi tom66, thanks for your reply, are there any other tests I can do, I only have a multimeter? The chip came from Germany and I was assured by our local TV fixer that it was the best quality and cost a lot more than the Flea bay ones! (I had my doubts though).

Comment

It was an educated guess from me, Tom66 has far more knowledge fixing TVs.
              If it's any help i got mine from here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...558285220.html
              I've only fitted one and that was fine, fingers crossed i got genuine chips.

Comment

Thanks diif, only problem is the 15 to 45 days delivery time they quote! Good price though.

Comment

I have had AS15-F chips for Ebay UK seller 11galaxy in the past when I was stuck and had no problems with them, and I think Tom has used him to Flocko

Comment

Yeah I've used him once before for AS15-F, plenty of other times for other chips, seems reliable and cheap.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll use him if I can't get one locally here in Reus, as I would like to watch this Sunday's F1 GP in the comfort of my home rather than in a bar where the crowd starts baying for the football to be put on instead.

Comment

Waiting on delivery from UK of new AS15-F, could not find 11galaxy on ebay anywhere, so used another UK supplier "Hearty Components" fingers crossed.

Comment

UPDATE
                          Whilst waiting for delivery of the new AS15-F chips to arrive I decided to remove the one I had fitted. After removal I noticed that some bridges between the pads. I cleaned up the area and applied "real" solder to the pads, which looked much neater.
                          Thought I would just have a go at re-soldering the chip I had just removed, I needed the practice.
                          End result TV works perfectly.

May I thank all for their help, great forum.

Comment

I have a Digital microscope that I got off Ebay for £12.00 best buy I have made in a long time, you can check all your smd soldering work with it on your PC/Laptop ,if you do a lot of this type of work or just now and then for this money its a good bit of kit, would have saved you a lot of time you would have seen the solder bridges and any other faults with your soldering Flocko

Comment

Thanks flocko, duly ordered from Hong Kong.
                              Finally bit the bullet and ordered a solder station from Germany too.

Comment

Working...
                              X