Help needed after new inverter boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed after new inverter boards

TV is a Vizio sv370xvt lcd it just went black screen while watching still has sound looking close you could see images, after visual inspection of all boards found no bulging/leaking caps no heat or burn marks, tested fuses on inverter boards and found open fuse on slave, so he replaced both boards which got lights working but now has this issue anyone had this happen or any suggestions where to start futher testing.
    Thanks for any help
    Attached Files

Re: Help needed after new inverter boards

Strange. Bottom is a close up of a person and top is wide angle of the field. Possible Tcon looks like two different frames displayed at once. Are the frames frozen or does it do this as the video moves?

Comment

Ltank Thanks for the help yeah bottom frame was frozen and previously on top, and the top frame now would move to bottom next and freeze it acts like a timing problem but tv was working perfect,no video issues prier to black screen failure which seemed to be fault of inverter board any tips on how to test or pinpoint it to the T con board would be greatly appreciated

Comment

Check LVDS cable and ribbons frrom T-con properly seated?
        Does it affect the user menu, or other video resolutions?
        Could be a bad LCD panel - not sure why it would have developed after inverter replacement though.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi Tom thanks for the help I checked the LVDS and ribbon cables LVDS cables didn't change anything,as for the menu it shows top and bottom, on screen I also reseated ribbons no change I tried unplugging each ribbon cable one at a time,when the one on the right was unplugged half the screen went white and the other black when doing the left ribbon cable it had no change the no signal screen stayed up other then one side got a little darker.
          Attached Files

Comment

Adding to the last post that bar of lines moves up and doubles some times and the screen seems to refresh and then freeze and starts to refresh again, after a lot more searching haven't been able to find anything like it or similar to it, could something on the main board be causing this most of the T con issues I've found has to do with no picture or vertical lines and bars.
            Thanks for any help

Comment

Update I reseated LVDS and ribbon and main board cables again and powered on tv and only had faint horizontal lines at first that went away within a min and screen had no issue the rest of the day, then yesterday started up and lines were back video on top of screen was fine bottom part of screen had freezing and bad refresh rate with in 2 mins cleared up and didn't return till shut down any ideas on what or where to further troubleshoots this issue would greatly be appreciated
              Thanks

Comment

That just sounds to me like a tab bond issue (maybe fixable but repairability is poor for LG panel) or a failed panel outright, which won't be fixable... sorry.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                  That just sounds to me like a tab bond issue (maybe fixable but repairability is poor for LG panel) or a failed panel outright, which won't be fixable... sorry.
                  Thanks Tom for the quick reply I have tried twisting the panel from reading treads it has no effect on picture,not sure if it a Lg panel but will have to try to get it apart and check tabs

Comment

I can see LG on the T-con so the panel is made by LG.

Comment

Thanks Tom they started it up today it started like it was new(scratching my head)seems if it was panel tab issue it would do it every time until it heats up
                      I'm wondering if the inverter boards he replaced might have a problem.
                      What started this was a blown smd fuse on the slave board I believe, does anyone have any specs for that fuse its a littlefuse 8A not sure if its a very fast-fast or slow blow,it has no other marking,my thinking is repair the old inverter board and put it in if the problem returns.
                      Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X