Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P54VT25 colored horizontal line issue

Just started seeing this issue tonight.

Is this something fixable with a little massage of the cables inside or does this need a new board?

http://imgur.com/hcGqt1i
    Last edited by akukucka; 08-01-2014, 07:37 PM. Reason: Bad image link

Re: Panasonic TC-P54VT25 colored horizontal line issue

Originally posted by akukucka View Post
    Just started seeing this issue tonight.

Is this something fixable with a little massage of the cables inside or does this need a new board?

http://imgur.com/hcGqt1i
    definitely board issue, I've seen that before posted up on other panasonics and there's a youtube video of one. last I heard from that guy was the A board was replaced with no change.

My first guess would be A board but these have a separate D board as well so since the A board did not fix it for the last bloke I'm leaning towards that D board.

I've attached a test procedure, try it and see if that isolates A or D, it's definitely one of those.

Also you'll need to check what revision boards you have as they are different for each size
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the reply!

After going through that procedure I believe it's the d board.

Comment

Thank you for the reply!

After going through that procedure I believe it's the d board.
        Well that's good if it gives you a definite result, confirms my suspicion and hopefully you can find one reasonably price. Last 54VT25 I helped with was also D board with 1 blink SOS and about $100 from SJ.

So yours should be TNPA5149AD or TXN/D1LWUUS but SJ is now out of stock

search both numbers, I found this bargain

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Control-Boar...3D251570519069

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PANASONIC-TC...item20ddef32ff
        Last edited by tw2005; 08-02-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

You listed two boards - do I need both or would either work?

I'm not sure I want to swap the boards myself - how difficult is it to do? Is there a guide somewhere?

Thanks for all of your help!

Comment

Thanks for the info!

You listed two boards - do I need both or would either work?

I'm not sure I want to swap the boards myself - how difficult is it to do? Is there a guide somewhere?

Thanks for all of your help!
            They're the same board known by 2 part numbers to help you search. Should be a piece cake, should just be a matter of lifting the tabs on the ribbon connectors and gently remove the ribbon, some screws and remove. Installaion is the reverse,

dowload the manual , http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresul...oria=&kat2=all

should be something in there.

Comment

This is great - thanks so much for your help! I'll report back once I get the board and have a chance to install it.

Comment

Reporting back - installed the replacement D board and all is fixed!

Thanks again for the help!

Comment

Reporting back - installed the replacement D board and all is fixed!

Thanks again for the help!
                  Cool, nailed the right board first go, not too expensive either.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                    Well that's good if it gives you a definite result, confirms my suspicion and hopefully you can find one reasonably price. Last 54VT25 I helped with was also D board with 1 blink SOS and about $100 from SJ.

So yours should be TNPA5149AD or TXN/D1LWUUS but SJ is now out of stock

search both numbers, I found this bargain

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Control-Boar...3D251570519069

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PANASONIC-TC...item20ddef32ff
                    Hi Tw2005, I am experiencing the exact same problem as the poster with the exception that the on screen color bars are on the right side of my display. Am I safe using either one of those boards you linked on ebay or is it safer to take the D board out of my TV and get exact part numbers?

Comment

Originally posted by Cridd424 View Post
                      Hi Tw2005, I am experiencing the exact same problem as the poster with the exception that the on screen color bars are on the right side of my display. Am I safe using either one of those boards you linked on ebay or is it safer to take the D board out of my TV and get exact part numbers?
                      If you told us the model then we could answer this but if it's the same size as the OP the it'll be the same board or go to SJ and look up your model and have a look

Comment

Yes it is the same model as op. I thought I may have read somewhere that the product codes can vary and was important to check the code on the part being replaced. This may have been for another board I can't recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Cridd424 View Post
                          Yes it is the same model as op. I thought I may have read somewhere that the product codes can vary and was important to check the code on the part being replaced. This may have been for another board I can't recall.
                          It is but pretty sure what 's been quoted is for a 54" but there's nothing stopping you from taking the back off and confirming what is installed and go from there.

Comment

Thank you. I will let everyone know if this fixed my problem as well.

Comment

Newbie question here and hopefully someone still reads this thread

I have the same issue (red and blued lines) and I am about to order the D board from eBay

PANASONIC TC-P54VT25 D BOARD TNPA5149AD

Only question I have is around the SU and SD boards. My failure is on the upper right hand quadrant when looking at the TV straight on. Should I consider looking also for the SU-board?

I am comfortable replacing the board and I can try the D board first and if that does not fix it, start looking for the SU board.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyao View Post
                                Newbie question here and hopefully someone still reads this thread

I have the same issue (red and blued lines) and I am about to order the D board from eBay

PANASONIC TC-P54VT25 D BOARD TNPA5149AD

Only question I have is around the SU and SD boards. My failure is on the upper right hand quadrant when looking at the TV straight on. Should I consider looking also for the SU-board?

I am comfortable replacing the board and I can try the D board first and if that does not fix it, start looking for the SU board.

Thanks in advance
                                If you put a picture up it would be helpful but I'd go D board first
                                Bad su would be whole of top half issue.

Comment

Thank you very much TW

Picture attached

Just ordered the board on eBay and I'll follow-up on results.

Thanks again
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Awesome work
                                    Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyao View Post
                                      Thank you very much TW

Picture attached

Just ordered the board on eBay and I'll follow-up on results.

Thanks again
                                      Won't need any buffer board for that. Should be D board otherwise A is only one left if it still is there

Comment

Just to confirm, replacing the D BOARD TNPA5149AD fixed the issue of red and blued lines on my PANASONIC TC-P54VT25

Not a bad $75 buy from eBay

Most importantly, thanks TW for the guidance.

Comment

Working...
                                        X