Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG plasma logic board blink code

Originally posted by chood2 View Post
    I have a faulty, but not shorted YSUS. Caps look good... Not bulging... Buzzing however is quite present.

I don't see where it shows what voltages VSETUP and VY, etc should be? I have oscilloscopes, etc.
    Label should be on the panel at the top. In my case I had an open cct transformer but that's a 2010 model. I know the same transformer was also on the 60" models too and I've also had a 60pk series also that had me stumped for a bit with that.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
      OMG, as soon as I read you removed the bottom heatsink I stopped. I feel your pain. Did that some years ago myself on a Samsung destroying a perfectly good panel.
      Yep, my ass is still bruised from the ass kicking I gave myself!
      The blinking pattern on the fully repaired and normal working set is steady with no irregular pattern.
      From my favoritest movie ever!:
      Cledus Snow: Can I ask you a question?
      Bo Darville: Sure, ask me what?
      Cleedus: What the Hell do we want to go to Texas for and haul beer back here? What is that?
      Bo: For the good old American life. For the money, the glory, and the fun. Mostly for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
        Label should be on the panel at the top. In my case I had an open cct transformer but that's a 2010 model. I know the same transformer was also on the 60" models too and I've also had a 60pk series also that had me stumped for a bit with that.
        Could you elaborate on your open cct transformer??

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Poor Flick View Post
          Chood2, I got your email but I thought I'd post the reply here, maybe it will help others also.
          I never found an answer to my flash code. What did happen is that I replaced the power supply board and got my panel to come mostly on with no sound. Replacing the logic board got my sound on. In the process I didn't see a defect in the end of a ribbon connector, causing the blank spot in my panel. I continued troubleshooting by pulling off the skinny long metal cover on top of the ICs along the bottom of the panel thinking I would test for power on the boards. What I didn't know was the metal cover is a heat sink and when I powered it up to do voltage checks, the ICs overheated and my panel was then junk. At the time my TV had a few weeks of warranty left and after a honest talk with a repair shop, I got a new panel installed for almost free.
          Closer inspection of things showed a tiny burnt hole in a chip on the logic board, I never could figure out why my power supply was bad.
          This was my first try at fixing a TV.
          Thanks for the updates. I really appreciate this! Going to trek forward and try to find something wrong with the board I can fix...

Comment

Working...
          X