Finlux 50F9090-T shutting down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finlux 50F9090-T shutting down

This Tv powers down and becomes inoperable from remote after about ten minutes, If switched of at socket the Tv will power up again but will shutdown around 5 minutes after. Because of the fact it becomes inoperable from remote and powers down faster after the initial power down I suspect its a power supply problem, having visually examined the power supply itself a vestel 17pw07-2 and not spotted anything such as overheated joints board burning or capacitor leakage Im stumped usual switch mode power supply its goin to be nightmare to figure out whats breaking down so any hints would be appreciated.

Re: Finlux 50F9090-T shutting down

Have you checked the SMPS's output voltages?
    If they're good - it's not a problem with the PSU.
    Since it's shutting down after a while it's almost certainly something getting hot -- nick a hairdryer or use a hot air gun on a low temp and start warming stuff up. You may be able to get it to shut down quicker.
    My guess would be CPU / BGA problem on main board.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

just looked on ebay, and theres a board same model for just £20 + £5 p&p,
      gotta be worth just buying that, and replaceing the old one.

Comment

I ordered a power supply board Im hoping that will sort it, gah hope your wrong tom hate wasting coin on a psu if its the main board I need, the reason I went for power board was I figured a cpu problem would be unlikely to act this way and heat stress is likelier to be associated with power supply but yeah could be cpu, I did check the psu voltages and they seem fine well up till the thing shuts down

Comment

Did you try Tom's advise and heat up the suspect board with a hair dryer?
          It's a very useful tool to see if you are on the right board. Thus preventing ordering a not needed board.
          Also,when you heat,lets say the main board and the TV acts up faster,you can then use a can of air up side down and spray the suspect area with freon to freeze it and see if it reverses the symptoms.With a main board you probably have to power cycle it to see the effect.

I'm with Tom,it sounds more like the main board.
          Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

hey yeah was looking around for a can of freeze it but you guys are right I plugged in the second power board and no joy same fault comes on then shuts down, soo Im looking for a main board now, question though can I simply order a main board with the same part number or do I need to get one thats for the exact same TV I see a lot of them advertised and know vestel make boards for all sorts of companies?

Comment

post a foto of the main board,
              it sounds like a voltage regulator is breaking down under load.

Comment

You can buy 200ml cans of canned air from Poundland (for £1) in the UK. About half the price of eBay and can be used as freeze spray.
                Last edited by tom66; 06-24-2014, 08:45 AM.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
                X