PANASONIC Th-p50g10 6 red blinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PANASONIC Th-p50g10 6 red blinks

Put the power cord in here 1 click 2 green lights on left and right board turn
    on fans go on for a few seconds then switch off.Then the 2 green lights slowly fade out!!6 red blinks.Any ideas thanks!
    Last edited by cb007cb; 03-30-2014, 06:44 PM.

Re: PANASONIC TC-p50g10 6 red blinks

tc not th!
    Last edited by cb007cb; 03-30-2014, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Re: PANASONIC Th-p50g10 6 red blinks

I'd be thinking bad SC, seems to be a board that fails in these.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...3&d=1396151881
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tw2005; 03-31-2014, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Would the green light still go on if the board was bad?

Comment

On the SC?
          The green light indicates no SOS6 (i.e. ERC floating voltage OK.)
          However this CAN change during operation causing SOS6 to fire.
          So - does the green light go out just before it shuts down?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

For a moment it could. Does it get real bright or dimmed and shutdown as soon as it is lit? Try this flowchart and see how you go.
            Attached Files

Comment

It goes bright on both boards fans go on shut off real quick then the green lights slowly fade.

Comment

Check TP_SOS6 on the SC board. What voltage do you get as it shuts down? I'm thinking an A board fault here misdetecting 6 blinks.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

thanks tw will try that flow chart and see if it gives me the answer.

Comment

thanks tom will try the voltage later before i go through the flow chart.

Comment

thanks tom will try that later.

Comment

Looks like its the A board service manual says no osd check lights which are good so it says A board.I then used flowchart from tw2005 after 2nd test i got 8 blinks which says A board! So between tom and sw i think you may have done your magic again thanks.........chris. Now have to find a board at good price!

Comment

I'd still check TPSOS6 as TOM asked

Comment

Now getting 6 blinks after second test which is either su sd or sc board have not isolated boards to do test yet! The voltage at sc2 starts at about 10 and fades lower very slowly.No idea where sos6 is other than it leads to the big flat lead that goes to a board.Why does the tv turn on as soon as its plugged in? Here relay click 10 second delay green lights go on fan goes on and off 2 seconds then the green lights slowly fade!

Comment

Ran the test for su sd sc board it says after isolation tv on its the su or sd board.Tv not on replace sc board.Well it fires up as before green lights on NO FANS THIS TIME then turns off and green light fades.So i am none the wiser after running the panasonic tests!!!!
                              Why does it fire as soon as plugged in why the on off switch not working?If a quick fire up counts as power then its sc board if not im still in the dark!!Even when you go by the book it can still be wrong!!!!

Comment

tv on its the su or sd board not sc as i said above!No power is sc board.

Comment

Ok, I'm getting confused and a deep breath I guess.

I'm not sure if you're power switch is soft start on or a latched switch but If the last command was to turn on TV then when power is restored it starts straight away. if it was in standby it would remain in standby.

For my 2010 which has a latched switch this is what it does. I have induced a SOS7 with Sc2 removed.

Master switch on, powerup via remote, bootup, fail, SOS7. Unable to control with remote. Master switch to off, LED out, master on, TV automatically starts, fail, SOS7, switch still on, remove cord, plug cord back in auto boot up, fail SOS7.

Now, with functional TV, turn on, completes, place in standby, turn master switch off, LED out, turn on, Standby, turn off, remove cord, plug cord back in, switch on and still standby.

We'll try this and see if it clarifies anything. The book suggests disconnect, 3 white ribbons A31,A32,A33 and TV should turn on and stay on.

I myself like, those three plus SC2,SS11 and P35 removed. If the PSU and A boards have no issues it should just turn on with the panel off.

TPSOS6 highlighted near Sc20, which is dead easy to get to and a dedicated test pad, since Tom has mentioned this and might be useful. I have not encountered a SOS6 misdetection on the A board but have read of it and Tom may have some additional background info on it .
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by tw2005; 04-03-2014, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Keep forgetting to mention this but avoid reconnecting any power cable immediately after having the PSU on and then shutdown for risk of spiking boards especially the C buffers with P35 as can destroy the ICs on the ribbons. Voltage can be high for several minutes.

Comment

Thanks for the diagram sos6 TW just checked it power on 6 second delay goes to 4.75 volts for about 2 seconds then goes to zero does this give any clue? Let me know so i can do your tests with 31 32 33 ect later...............thanks...CHRIS.

Comment

If it is zero when you get 6 blinks I don't think it's at fault.

Comment

Working...
                                        X