Vizio VO370M troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio VO370M troubles

So I just picked up a Vizio 37" plugged it in the "Vizio" amber light comes on, push power it goes to white, few seconds the backlights come on then I get a few colored lines going across the top. So I took the back off and saw no obvious signs of anything blown. I did wiggle the tcon cable and the screen would flicker and the a little more wiggling I got the screen to be blue and no signal on it.Could the tcon cable be bad? here is a link to youtube with what is just did for me. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XswF...ature=youtu.be

here are some pics of the boards
    Attached Files

Re: Vizio VO370M troubles

I think I may just order a T-con and see if that fixes it.

Comment

You might try lightly rubbing the tcon cable contacts with a small brass brush to remove any oxidation present.
      Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

Well I had another vizio and thought I could just swap the tcon cable but I guess not, there used to be a blue light that would come on but now I get nothing so my guess is the cable I tried took out my tcon board? is that possible?

Comment

If the pin out is different you could destroy the tcon or worse the panel, it needs to be a compatible board and or cable
          Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

Well I think I fried the tcon cause I get nothing now...Dang it.live and learn.

Comment

Working...
            X