LG TH-L42D25A vertical white strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG TH-L42D25A vertical white strip

I have inherited a tv with a white vertical bar about 7 inches wide and looking for any advice about troubleshooting it. I have removed the back and re-seated the display cables with no change.
    Checked the fuse, and did a visual check of the capacitors for bulging.

Below are a couple of pictures. The power and imaging are located one combined board.

While I am familiar with electronics as a hobby in younger years (dad was a Electrical Engineer) and handy with a soldering iron, I am not experienced in troubleshooting or repairs. I have a nice DMM and tool kit, and lots of patience!

Any pointers to start analyzing the unit would be gladly appreciated. Cheers, Allan

Re: LG TH-L42D25A vertical white strip

Looks like a bad LCD panel to me - not economically repaired.

We see these quite frequently now, it is due to water running down the screen, moisture build up or simple random panel failure (almost deliberate, it seems.)

Panasonic TV + electronics, LCD glass (what failed) provided by LG.

Simple lesson appears to be: do not buy an LED TV or modern LCD TV if you want long lifespan.

Sorry...
    Last edited by tom66; 02-09-2014, 06:20 PM.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Many thanks Tom, nothing lost as this was rescued unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Allan Woods View Post
        I have inherited a tv with a white vertical bar about 7 inches wide and looking for any advice about troubleshooting it. I have removed the back and re-seated the display cables with no change.
        Checked the fuse, and did a visual check of the capacitors for bulging.

Below are a couple of pictures. The power and imaging are located one combined board.

While I am familiar with electronics as a hobby in younger years (dad was a Electrical Engineer) and handy with a soldering iron, I am not experienced in troubleshooting or repairs. I have a nice DMM and tool kit, and lots of patience!

Any pointers to start analyzing the unit would be gladly appreciated. Cheers, Allan

Do you still have this Panasonic tv? I need those 2 boards ( Mainboard & Power Supply ) Can you sell it to me?

Comment

Hello Allan.

Comment

Working...
          X