Buying some single smd led diode for tv repair, your advice needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying some single smd led diode for tv repair, your advice needed

I'm thinking of buying some single smd led diode for tv repair to have under hand there is so many, 2835 k-6000k 9v.6v, 3v white etc but don't know which to have if you advise me which Should I buy and which is most usual and bäst to have under hand. thank you

Go to ali express and pick up a couple multi packs. Generally you'll use a specific one more then others. These are more common for tvs.
    THey aren't labeled great so you'd have to use an LED tester to see which is 3v/6v etc. the numbers

3030 for example means 3.0mm x 3.0mm

2828 would be 2.8mm by 2.8mm so having a caliper to measure your existing LEDs would be wise. I think I got one at harbor freight for like 4$ or something. I'm sure ali express would have a cheap one too

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msboZXU

Comment

Originally posted by EazyBone View Post
      Go to ali express and pick up a couple multi packs. Generally you'll use a specific one more then others. These are more common for tvs.
      THey aren't labeled great so you'd have to use an LED tester to see which is 3v/6v etc. the numbers

3030 for example means 3.0mm x 3.0mm

2828 would be 2.8mm by 2.8mm so having a caliper to measure your existing LEDs would be wise. I think I got one at harbor freight for like 4$ or something. I'm sure ali express would have a cheap one too

https://a.aliexpress.com/_msboZXU
      thank you so much for your reply. Should you not take into account the brightness of the light, and if they are rectangular or square and are not available that are labeled so that you do not have to search when you need them then you should choose the ones that have white light or?
      Then why this thread has moved ? If you know

Comment

• SMDFlea
        SMDFlea commented
        Editing a comment
        Your thread was moved to the TV repair forum from the "General Electronics Technical Discussion" forum,and your thread title was renamed form "YOUR ADVISE IS NEDEED" to what it is now .Read the message i sent you !

When you change a light, in my experience, first of all. If feasible always just get new led sets. Don't try and do single LEDs.

If you do single LEDs, yes brightness matters, an LED that has run 2-3 years is going to be less bright. So when you change an LED it's going to be brighter, what you can do, is test the whole line that led is on and see if it's brighter and/whiter. If it is (likely) then get a black sharpie and your going to put black dots in a circle around it. Like a ton of them, only around the bright led. If you do it properly, Google im sure has pictures, then it won't show as a bright spot on the screen.

Rectangular/square will show in the led number. 7030 will be rectangular and 3030 will be square.

Rectangular leds such on edgelit tvs, I have never tried to repair one, mainly because they are so close together that this would be very hard to do. Or at least I think I tried once, and ruined like 2-3 at once or something.

The question, why this thread has moved? I have no idea what your asking.

Comment

Comment

i would say this will bring you at more headache, and at the end of the day you cant said its repair.
          LED BL the type of LED you are thinking to buy are for Direct LED system.. which its impossible you can fit the lens on the top of LED 100% in center to avoid the generating light spot. this why at direct LED replace strips the professional method. also because if one LED dead mean the other will die soon.

Edge LED BL we can replace one or all with out fair of spot as there are no lens. for example i replace all 56 LED unit at edge 4370 double LED in just round 1 hours

Comment

Diah and Eazybone are right. Just replace all leds strips. It's usually much faster and less troublesome in the long run. There is a saying I use. Quit trying to save a penny just to piss a dollar away.
            If your selling TVs and do this you will have pissed off customers or lots of warranty work or both.

good luck

Comment

Yup but if it's a hobby just for yourself. Go for it. It is kind of fun, I enjoy switching LEDs

Comment

Thank you all of you for the good advice, now I have become somewhat wiser and will definitively replace the entire led strip but it's good to know

Comment

Working...
                X