Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The worst poorly constructed tvs that are being churned out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst poorly constructed tvs that are being churned out.

This topic might save some from buying the worst of the cheap tvs. Have seen plenty, this is the latest one I've had the dis-pleasure to see up close: Hisense 55-Inch Class A6 Series 4K UHD

well i don't know what are the dis pleasure you faced at this Hisense TV.
    yes but not all cheap TVs are bad , same way not all expensive TV are good. i own Hisense 4K since early 2017. daily at use for +6 hours a day,, at weekend some time doublet depend on event.,
    until now the cover never opened.. later model by Hisense which are build with ALL IN ONE Boards,( i think the one you refer are one of them ) in general all BAD, but thought i didnt faced any panel used by Hisense caused Fault, unless its damaged by user..

at the end of the day... all companies want to earn win.. low coast / bad parts/ less control , flowed the market with several funny name any model arts.... so the questions i wouldn't put my finger on one Brand, as they are all CHEAT...... .

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      This topic might save some from buying the worst of the cheap tvs. Have seen plenty, this is the latest one I've had the dis-pleasure to see up close: Hisense 55-Inch Class A6 Series 4K UHD
      Hisense can be decent, but mostly suck balls. Most of them I got were junk. My workplace has one that is a year old and it has been better than my old Samsung MU series. The only thing I absolutely do not like is the romote. Might as well only put 2 buttons on it and call it a day.

Comment

I don't care for the grounding of these one board tvs, looks very suspicious and poorly done, I guess they can be easier to troubleshoot tho, only having one board.

Comment

My biggest problem was the damn plastic part that you screw the one board to just disintegrated, for two or three of them so needed to invent a new way to rig up a grounding, its a catch 22, if you screw it down hard enough to get a good ground it will strip the plastic threads, if you do it to where it won't strip it out, the ground isnt taking.
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-03-2024, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I still get compliments on and old Hisense (10yrs old) about how nice a picture it is. People don't believe me when I yell them it's a Hisense and not even 4K.

As Diah mentioned some are better than others.

Comment

Yep, I bet you have more than one board in that tv, the manufacturers have been cutting corners hugely since then.

Comment

No, it's the original boards and backlights. Never been opened. Actually had it running in my tattoo studio for the first 5 yrs.

it's probably lasted this long because it is an older tv. You're right though they don't make them like they used to. All crap now

Comment

No, what I meant was I bet your tv contains more than one board, like powerboard and mainboard etc, not like these shitty tvs as of late, with just one board in them.

Comment

We'll never get works of art like Panasonic plasmas again, those had no tapes, wire guides everywhere and very complex and secure construction, the price has gone down significantly from what it was 10~20 years ago.

Now we get psu+main in some cheap unknown construction, no service manual, on the cheaper TVs I had the "pleasure" of working with, it had the chassi entirely made of plastic and the white reflector sheet for the LEDs was secured with 3 strands of double-sided tape on left, center and right, the whole TV flexed like a piece of cardboard.
                    Last edited by Biruslapio; 03-05-2024, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Indeed the plasmas were made well, best feature the screen DID NOT crack with the slightest impact, detractors, energy hogs, some had multiple noisy fans, heavy and run hot, sucks when adding that extra heat on a hot summer day. They don't have all the panel problems like the led tvs, big plus there. Not sure what a good solution could be. These days people want giant light weight tvs, guess the question is what is a sturdy light weight material to use besides the weak molded plastic they have been using.

Comment

Working...
                      X