Rca rnsmu6540 65 4k led tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rca rnsmu6540 65 4k led tv

Hello this tv the led lights stopped coming on tv works just no lights if I take flashlight to it I can see screen and it has sound. Thanks assuming I'm looking at a bad led stopping the circuit or?

Probably but first check the diodes at the led driver output.

Comment

Where would the diodes for the driver be, and use my multimeter and just put in diode mode? And I can test each led in diode mode as well? Thanks for the reply

Comment

At first when you turn it on the screen flickers then goes black but flashlight shows picture, any advice before i take it apart thanks

Comment

If you can navigate the menu without the backlight on, could try going into backlight setting and turn it way down, see if tv acts differently. A backlight tester is always a good tool to have, basics ones are around 20 bucks, must be VERY careful with the panel, the bigger the screen the more flimsy and easier they are to break during repair attempt, check several youtube videos for procedure and tips.

Comment

Can't remember seeing worse user reviews for any tv: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/rca-65-.../6000201847916

Comment

I picked the tv up for free yesterday my dad has a 60 inch version appears to be working good but yeah reviews are pretty bad for this one

Comment

That's good, always nice to start there, it may be the same old story where the owner leaves or puts the backlights on max all the time and the backlights burn out very early. Could start right out tearing it down, but maybe some simple testing on powerboard to confirm it's doing what it should would be the first step. And simple things like checking all the solder joints on bottom of board and add a little solder to any that look iffy or bad, can search for bad solder images if needed, another simple test, heat all the electrolytic capacitors on powerboard with a hairdryer for a couple few minutes then try tv while its still hot, can check diodes, resistors and transistors without much difficulty, youtube is your friend for how to videos.

Comment

Working...
                X