Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Testing the PDP idea. Will it work?

It's number 4.
    VS ON jumper not necessary if TV shows any image.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you Tom, I'll let you know. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Damn. The logic board test failed to light up the whole screen. I still had the black screen in the same place. I checked the ribbon cable between the logic and Ymain boards for continuity and shorts and all was OK. I wish I had a complete schematic!

Also checked the pixels as per Freakaftr8 and they are all the same.

I'm thinking that trying a new logic board is worth the $25 risk. What do you guys think?

Comment

Due to how the logic board drives the Y-buffer I can't see this working.
          The method of driving the panel is by shifting line by line down the screen using a clock and data signal, it does not address each line separately, but instead one after another.
          But you said when you did the moved Y-buffer config, you got some more of the panel in the dead areas to light up?
          Last edited by tom66; 10-24-2013, 05:09 PM.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes, I got activity in the dead areas. I don't have the schematics for this TV so maybe someone can tell me if the y-buffer outputs to the PDP ribbon cables are identical, i.e., is each ribbon cable pin-out config the same?
            Last edited by Skipfinder; 10-24-2013, 11:29 PM.

Comment

More or less the same.

Comment

Just wanted to say thank you for all of your help and knowledge!

I found the problem to be a cracked screen under the surround. It ran vertically along the Y side of the screen. It wasn't noticeable with the surround in place.

Comment

That was sadly what I had expected. How did the crack happen? Was the TV impacted in any way? Did you buy it like this or find it in a skip...?

Comment

I bought it that way after carefully questioning the original owner. Hard to say whether she lied or the screen glass just failed due to heat cycling and design flaw.

Comment

Thank you so much for all your help!

Comment

Working...
                      X