Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH42PX60B

Hi All
    Can anyone point me in the right direction of the above set.
    there is a black bar on the left hand side of the screen followed by multi colored lines, then from about the middle of the screen the picture appears fine
    Ive done a search on line and this model comes up with a known fault the Manufacturers acknowledge but that is of a green line through the center of the screen from top to bottom at which the panel has to be replaced
    As I have not done any repairs on anything other than Samsung help would be appreciated pictures to follow.

Alan.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by crt man; 10-19-2013, 03:18 PM. Reason: Photos missing

Re: Panasonic TH42PX60B

Looks like possibly bad tab bonds? Don't take my word for it though.
    Someone will chime in here soon and help you out.

Comment

It is a plasma so it doesn't have tab bonds.
      It is either a loose connector for that part of the panel or the panel is bad itself.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I know this model and I have been through this a few times now. This is a bad panel. no doubt about it. lucky for you it went bad on the very end of the panel so you could still use it TV letterbox mode without any kind of interruption. there is a IC chip on the bottom of the panel embedded in a ribbon and that chip shorted due to lack of cooling efficiency or possibly wasn't made properly.
        Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-20-2013, 09:28 AM.
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          It is either a loose connector for that part of the panel or the panel is bad itself.
          Thats what I was thinking, it belongs to a client of the wife's so I will get it here and have a look.

Many thanks
          Alan

Comment

Working...
          X