sharp aquos LC-80LE632U led tv lamp error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sharp aquos LC-80LE632U led tv lamp error

The mainboard must generate only one signal the power supply gives it if backlight is in error. All other errors are generated from mainboard. Off the error pin if it goes high it generates a power supply fault codetwo quick flashes 5 slow flashes. The error pin stays low all tje time. Without or with the backlights working I believe the mainboard monitors this by the balancing of the data and clock signals generated by the backlight driver. The pins are called adl and acl
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

The mainboard must generate only one signal the power supply gives it if backlight is in error. All other errors are generated from mainboard. Off the error pin if it goes high it generates a power supply fault codetwo quick flashes 5 slow flashes. The error pin stays low all tje time. Without or with the backlights working I believe the mainboard monitors this by the balancing of the data and clock signals generated by the backlight driver. The pins are called adl and acl. Those pins rise and fall. If the rate of those pins rise and fall.differently beyond the allowable window the backlight error is thrown. When I use the vol up channel down I see those pins rise the same amount at the same time to 3.3v.

Comment

This tv already has the latest firmware.

Originally posted by ecking767 View Post
        I wonder will a firmware update help?

Version: 312U1206131

Date: 7/30/2012

latest update

http://www.sharpusa.com/CustomerSupp...Downloads.aspx

Comment

Someone the other day wanted to see inside an 80 inch lcd. Well here you go. Boards are no bigger than a 32 inch. Lol well maybe the power supply but that's about it. Kinda funny looking!

Comment

Perhaps someone has experience or insights into repair of the 632 and would share that with me. A very small storm passed my way and apparently a lightning strike came into my house through the phone line. It took out the surge suppressor the phone line was on, knocked phones off the wall, proceeded to destroy my DSL modem, gigabit switch, HD Homerun, DTV network adaptor, wireless access point, Onkyo AVR and unfortunately my Sharp 632. Ironically the only thing spared was the computer server which I suspect was because it had a ground wire.

The sharp would briefly power up and shutdown with an error code 32. I found the service manuals and the code indicated Start-up confirmation communication error. I proceeded to take the unit apart and the main board had burns on the traces where the RJ-45 enters the main board. So I figure main board got fried. Now things start to get strange. The parts in the service manual don't match the parts in the 632. So I was told by a few people to just replace the board with a unit with the same firmware. So I found a used main board on EBay from an LC-70LE732 with the correct firmware FM24S. Installed it and unit booted up and I was able to flash the board with the current firmware and all looked good.

Soon I started getting code 11 (lamp error) and a few of the LED strips look dim. I got a new power supply LED Driver board but that didn't fix the LED lamp error. So that's where I'm at. The TV is watchable (My wife thinks it's ok but I can see the dark places on the screen). The service manuals leave a lot to the imagination. I need to take the LCD panel out and get to the backlight LEDs.

Has anyone taken the LCD panel out of one of these units and successfully got it back in (and how did you do it)? I'm a little nervous about the size, weight and number of wires on the LCD panel. It looks to be fragile.

Thanks
            Bob

Comment

well I did it's not easy the best way to do it is late the TV face down remove the back then lay it face up remove the bezel then remove all ribbon connections around the screen there around all four sides. Then you have to have two or three people to lift the panel up in off and make sure that you're not holding it face up you have to hold it perfect. if this is in fact the same TV I have the LED's are not as wet there is an array of LED's that are backlit that's what you need to see if every single one of them light up. you can power up the TV as long as the t-con board is connected you do not need the panel. See which ones not lighting up

Comment

before I go that route I would try a new power supply first

Comment

Thank you for your replies Freakaftr8. I have an LC-80LE632U which Sharp says is a model 'A' from the serial number. I did try another power supply. The original was part # RUNTKA903WJQZ and I substituted part # RUNTKA903WJN1 which I believe to be compatible. The LED driver heat sinks got very hot and additional LEDS were glowing brightly. I think a couple of the LED strings might have shorted LEDS. I went back to my original power supply that I suspect might be bad but I need to check out the LED array.

When you pulled the LCD panel, does it come out as a unit? The service manual shows many components, diffusers, lenses and other items. Do I need to be concerned about it coming out in pieces?

Also, did you disassemble on the ground or from a table?

Thanks for your help
                  Bob

Comment

Well Bob I will say that this job is not easy. Here's the steps I took. Doing this with the unit face up on the carpet. Remove front bezel. This was simple.
                    Remove the like 50 silver and black screws from the lcd metal frame. Note that there are longer silver screws and short black screws.
                    Remove frame. This will expose the lcd assy.
                    carefully disconnect all connectors from the lcd and tape the ic carriers to the screen.

Now this is where you have to carefully lift the panel from the frame. Carefully rest it and do not allow it to bow as its extremely delicate.
                    Now you have to disassemble the black plastic panel frame. It snaps apart in pieces. After you get that out of the way you have to lift the diffusing layers. There are like four layers. Then you can access the LED's.

Comment

LC32LE440U Similar model/problem. Can't access service mode to reset lamp error. Manual says hold menu plus key in 3481. Presumably on remote (how else?) but TV doesn't see remote. No blinking LEDs on front. All back lights seem fine. On cold mornings TV can start and work 100% fine. But if turned off won't restart as (presumably) warmed up a little by then. Tried all listed optioned for entering service mode via side buttons and remote with no luck. Maybe next time it works I can enter service mode then? Would love to know how to get into service mode to reset on this model or find correct resistor to jump.

Comment

Sharp Aquos LC-80LE632U Service Menu Instructions

Turn the LCD on and then unplug the power cable.
                        While pressing and holding the {INPUT} & {VOL -} buttons on the remote, plug the power cable back into the outlet.
                        When it powers up you will see a little "k" appear in brackets.Then on the TV, press the {VOL -} & {CH -} buttons at the same time.
                        The Service Menu will be displayed.
                        {CH +} & {CH -} buttons navigate through options.
                        {VOL+} & {VOL-} buttons change values.
                        To exit, turn the power off.

Comment

Hi. Was that for my 32" Sharp? I did try it as it's yet another suggestion as to how to get into service mode. Alas it did not work. The red LED on the front is unmoved and TV appears to not recognize any remote command. The led will turn green if I use the power button on the TV. Remote batteries are fine. When, on the rare cold occasion the TV works it recognizes the remote and all inputs and instructions. Vexing issue really. Just need to reset those lamp error codes or jump the component on the led board if you happen to know which it is. Thanks.

Comment

Hmmm... A small sign of life. The service manual says to enter service mode you hold menu and key in 3481. I assumed all on the remote. But menu button on the TV and numbers on the remote turned the red led to green so I think maybe it did enter service mode. But without an image on the screen there's not a lot I can do with it. Hopefully a cold start will work to light up the screen in the morning and then I'll enter service mode. Again hopefully.

Comment

Dont know if this is something to look at ?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for helping. While not for my TV that PDF offered something. The only service mode code that did anything was for the CSM. It turned the red front LED green. But alas, since I have no image even if I was in a service mode I can't see anything to find and reset the codes. I fear this is a lost cause. Which is frustrating as for a while on cold mornings the TV started. Then, now armed with what appear to be the correct codes, I would be able to access and reset. So, what I need now is a way to bring the screen back to life. It stubbornly remains black. The back lights all work but no input image, no blue screen. I miss the blue screen.

Comment

Hi. So, the TV finally came on and I was able to access the factory menu. Service model. By keying menu 3481 on the remote one after another. Not holding menu while keying the numbers as the manual seems to suggest. Problem is, there is no lamp error reset option anywhere in the factory menus. Should I just restore back to Factory a Reset?
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Good Evening! I did not want to hijack a thread but seems I can not post a new one and my issue is kind of the same as the original post. I have a Sharp LC-52LE830U. It turns on but throws the lamp error. The TV when powered on will come on for about 2 seconds then shut off. After resetting the lamp the TV will turn on but the backlights go off after the 2 seconds but the screen stays on. I can turn all the lights off in the room and shine a flashlight on the screen and see the screen and service menu and all just no backlight. I replaced the backlight inverter board and still have the same issue. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Sounds like bad led strips to me.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                                        hey all well I picked up this 80 inch Sharp Aquos and I'm getting one short flash and 1 long flash. according to the error sheet it appears to be a lamp error. Now this is an LED TV and a lamp air would be generated by possibly a bad LED backlight? This is the biggest TV I have ever worked. Has anyone else encountered lamp errors with the Sharp Aquos line?

by the way nothing lights up on the screen upon powering it up it immediately goes in the lamp error flash sequence
                                        I am a little to the game here and not sure if you'll get my message. Perhaps it will send it to your email. I've got a Sharp Aquos LC-60LE640U and I have the one and one flash. I replaced the power supply/inverter board, but it didn't fix it. I did try to do the reset and the light stayed on for about 5 seconds and went out. Then I tried what you said, to press the volume up, channel down and it does bring the screen up and is operating. Once you pull the power, it won't come on. I noted that before the set went out a few weeks ago, the lower part of the screen appeared to be missing some of the LEDs. There was dark patch at the corner on the bottom. I read through the blogs and if I understand what you're saying, an imbalance in voltage can cause the power supply to shutdown? Do you know if the burnt out LEDs could cause this problem and are they replaceable?

Comment

"Do you know if the burnt out LEDs could cause this problem and are they replaceable?" Yes, the LED driver will go into protection shutdown mode.
                                          Never stop learning
                                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                          X