sharp aquos LC-80LE632U led tv lamp error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sharp aquos LC-80LE632U led tv lamp error

hey all well I picked up this 80 inch Sharp Aquos and I'm getting one short flash and 1 long flash. according to the error sheet it appears to be a lamp error. Now this is an LED TV and a lamp air would be generated by possibly a bad LED backlight? This is the biggest TV I have ever worked. Has anyone else encountered lamp errors with the Sharp Aquos line?

by the way nothing lights up on the screen upon powering it up it immediately goes in the lamp error flash sequence
    Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Re: sharp aquos LC-80LE632U led tv lamp error

Plz post a ton of pictures, wanna see what an 80" looks like inside
    Proud owner of dozens of broken TV's and many,many,many boards.

Our website and passion:http://hollenhundshepherds.com/

Comment

It's absolutely amazing. All the boards are the same size as a 32 inch!

Comment

well success... Sort of..
        Holding down power input ch dn while plugging it in gets the backlights to come on for a split second. Then immediate shutdownand 1 slow 1 fast blink again. Nothing is on the screen during this. It looks as if the center of the screen may be a little darker than the rest. Not sure yet. I ohmed each wire going to the led's and no shorts. All seem to ohm out reletively the same readings, just to make sure none of the led wiring is shorted to the panel. I have heard of this happening. There are a group of blue wires and a group of grey wires. Both on seperate connectors out of the power supply. Cannot tell if all are lighting up or not.

Comment

Looks like emmiter of q7610 q7608 and q7607 are shorted to ground. These are the inverter transistors for the leds off the power supply. Looks like they run the center of the screen. Hmmm

Comment

Power supply is a sharp runtka903wjqz

Comment

Emitter of transistors can often be connected to ground.

I might have a service manual for this model. I'm uploading some now.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

that's great news Tom thank you for your help. I did notice even though those emmiters are grounded I still get 40 plus volts to the backlights even on those pins so it looks like they're working. sharp seems to have problems with the LED backlighting for some reason I'm not too sure why. When the screen comes on its only on for a split second not even enough time to have the mainboard send a signal for a raster.
                Last edited by freakaftr8; 10-01-2013, 03:13 AM.

Comment

I have the 60" LE635U, maybe similar enough?
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Very possible. I know its gotta be a lamp issue thats seems to be sharps forte.

Comment

I purchased a main board for the LC-52LE830U that showed up with a 1-1 error. According to the service manual, everytime the error is thrown, it triggers a counter. If the counter gets to 5 without being reset in the service menu, it looks like the main board needs to be replaced.

Comment

Yes I have heard of that but did you try the power input volume down to reset the board and allow the lights to come back on?

Comment

Yes I have heard of that but did you try the power input volume down to reset the board and allow the lights to come back on?

Comment

sorry I meant power input channel down buttons at the same time. Hold them while plugging in the tv. Lamp error resets, and allows the lamps to come up. If there is a problem still, unit will shutdown with corresponding blink code.

Apparantly a little trick to Sharps is without access to the service menu for resetting errors, you can do this and reset it externally. Of course im sure when errors are fixed, you would still need to access the service menu and reset the error counts.

Comment

For me thou, im sure im going to have to access the lamp strips and look at them to see if I have a burnt out led. Anyone ever pull a screen apart to see the lamps on these beasts? Are they accessable without having to dissasemble the lcd panel?

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                                Anyone ever pull a screen apart to see the lamps on these beasts? Are they accessable without having to dissasemble the lcd panel?
                                yes, I have, you can used your muliti-meter to test each lamp. I was working on a 32" Vizio and I had to tear apart the LCD screen to get to the LED stripe, I found several bad LEDs on the each stripe, with my meter set to diode test, each LED will light up a little or read short or open. And sometime you can visible see that the LED is burn.

You apply the require voltage to the LED stripe to see if they light up before dis assemble the LCD screen

Comment

Oh great. I just learned this tv is a full array led. Leds behind the screen. All the leds seem.to test in spec thou. None open or shorted.

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                                    sorry I meant power input channel down buttons at the same time. Hold them while plugging in the tv. Lamp error resets, and allows the lamps to come up. If there is a problem still, unit will shutdown with corresponding blink code.

Apparantly a little trick to Sharps is without access to the service menu for resetting errors, you can do this and reset it externally. Of course im sure when errors are fixed, you would still need to access the service menu and reset the error counts.
                                    Yes, I tried it many, many times. My original problem was no HDMI inputs due to lightning strike. I could get into the service menu everytime with the original board. With the eBay board, no luck.

Comment

What happens if u put in your old board?

Comment

Something ele I learned. If I just leave the backlighting cables unplugged from the power supply, the error is still there after a hard reset. No change. Im sure there is a current biasing cuircuit embedded in the power supply and if each of the led's in series dont match the error is thrown. Now with none attached same code?

Comment

Working...
                                        X