2 LG TVs with problems 47lg50 AND 47lg70

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 LG TVs with problems 47lg50 AND 47lg70

Its garage sale time once again and picked up a couple TVs. I got hit with a fricken softball so I cant do any soldering or testing until I get my new glasses. But I thought I would throw out the problems and get some advance input.

First one is 47lg50. It works fine for about 30 minutes then the screen goes away.. Its not black but more dark blue and still has sound, no OSD when pushing buttons when the screen goes dark... I have the back off and was dinking around and unplugged the LVDS cable while the screen was dark blue and sound working. I can turn it off and then back on and the screen returns for a little bit.. When I plug the LVDS back in the screen comes back on for 5 or so minutes then it goes dark blue again... TCON Maybe???????

Second one is 47lg70. Powers up find and has input on the screen Hdmi avi ext.. I can get it to show a dvd on AVI inputs but there is no sound.. I then tried HDMI and it just bounces the NO SIGNAL OSD around... Any ideas???????
    Last edited by lilmonk3; 05-24-2013, 07:13 PM.

Re: 2 LG TVs with problems 47lg50 AND 47lg70

First one if it has an AUO or LG panel I am going to say tab bonds.
    Second one probably main board.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

First one is Chi Mei panel...I have had a few pannys and other brands with tab bond problems and they all had picture defects (lines, blurs ect.) this tv has a perfect pic then nothing

Comment

Try heating parts of the *50 and see if you can get the picture to go quicker. If you do you found the problem.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Working...
        X