HELP Please with faulty TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP Please with faulty TV

Tom, bang on 12v that's whilst the set is doing its red hue thing.

Comment

Seems fine then. It's pretty much guaranteed to be t-con or panel, sadly, I think something on the panel is knackered. Can you get hold of a can of freeze spray?
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Yes it stays on 12v. Where do you think I should look next or do you think I should just give up?

Comment

Try freezing one tab bond or the other and see if it immediately gets better.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

That's a negative, absolutely no change when either of the tabs was frozen. The only thing that cures it is disconnecting the t-con then reconnecting. The hue doesn't come back straight away but takes the same time as if starting from cold.

Comment

It's a shame the T-con can't be replaced. Does any other part on the T-con respond to freezing?

Comment

No I have tried each component and there is no joy. I know you say you cant replace the T-con but I wouldn't mind giving it a go. Don't suppose you know what soldering technique they use to attach it to the panel?

Comment

A multi-million pound laser welding machine and precision alignment equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                    A multi-million pound laser welding machine and precision alignment equipment.
                    Is that all? I have one of those in the back yard lol

Comment

So there is no way its even worth me attempting? Man I hate this throw away society that we live in!!

Thanks a lot for your help Tom66 I really appreciate your time.

Comment

Not a matter of it being worth it -- it's simply impossible without the equipment, sadly. Now, they COULD make the connectors removable (the density is low enough for that to be OK), but they don't.

Comment

Oh well skip it is then!!

Comment

Working...
                          X