Vizio VW42L FHDTV10A (Newbie Post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio VW42L FHDTV10A (Newbie Post)

FYI, back of the tv looks identical to the picture in post #5 by PohTahToez.
    Thanks for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by PohTayToez View Post
      Just wanted to follow up on this in case someone else has the same problem -- it was the capacitors on the inverter and nothing else. Thanks for the help! I feel silly for not being able to determine the problem myself.
      Yep i have one too that i just replaced the 2 caps on the inverter boards and it's been working ever since.

Comment

yeah, ignore the checking of the fets that I posted. Wrong revision of this set. I hope its just those caps.
        The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Unfortunately my meter is in a box behind my new cabinets so checking will have to wait until I get them in place. Thanks for the responses! I should be able to get there Sunday.

Comment

I was finally able to get to my Multimeter this morning so I took the cover off the tv and started writing down the board part numbers. I then checked on ebay, t-con $15 free shipping, inverter $23 free shipping. So I decided just to go ahead and order them. Since I've swapped out the main board and had the exact same issue I am ruling that out. Only other thing would be the power supply (available for $60). Other than being able to repair it for a few bucks if I had the time, eye site, steady hand, anything wrong with my logic? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Comment

Replaced the inverter last night, still the same issue. T-Con board was wrong one, did not have a connector on lower left for ribbon cable. With the greying/shading/shadowing, I'm wondering if it's just dust built up on the inside causing it to overheat and the main board is correctly shutting it down to avoid burn out. Could this be possible? Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Comment

Logonsys or anyone,

curious if this problem was resolved. I have the exact same issue where the TV works for a period of time then shuts down including loss of sound and picture. I did also notice that the cap on the PSU right by the inverter power connector bulges right after I replace it. All other caps test fine, but when I replace this cap, it lasts for one day. CAPS on inverter test good, and I also have the set with just a Master, no slave inverter. VL42LHDTV10A. any suggestions where to look for the cause?

Comment

Working...
                X