Sony KDL-55XBR8 vertical lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-55XBR8 vertical lines

Sony KDL-55XBR8 LCD TV, 55" inches, manufacturing date Feb 2008.
    Problem: vertical lines all the screen, same pattern, these lines appear almost all inputs except the VGA signal from computer, but the internal pictures (sush as menu, TV guide,etc.) has no lines in front but they are beind the pictures, as show in the second photo.
    Wondering if this is the main board problem, but why VGA is good ? (I haven't tried components yet, but I think should have the same issue).
    Attached Files

Re: Sony KDL-55XBR8 vertical lines

Main is probably at fault, since one input doesn't fit symptoms and OSD is unaffected means TCON is doing it's job correctly.

Comment

I'm sure it's the main board problem, but board is very expensive (around 200in ebay, 450 in Sony parts). I did a research for this model, it has a Digital Reality Creation (DRC) setting in Picture Adjustment menu, I tried to set DRC to off, the lines disappear!
      Some Sony HDTV tvs have a processor that "upconverts" lower quality "standard" inputs to near hi def quality, I think the processor is bad and created the vertical lines.

Comment

This works for me for half year, everything looks good.
        Last edited by Sevenqi; 05-26-2013, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Digital Reality Creation may be something to do with MotionFlow -- frame interpolator. I've have lots of issues with the interpolator processor BGA solder joints failing -- common fault due to lead free solder.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

i m new member supra 87
            my reply is for sony kdl-55xbr8 vertical line
            the photo of sevenqi member post 9311-24-2012 03;16pm

i have same model and same pattern line and the problem was
            the hdmi connection

the port 1 & 4 do that problem and 2 & 3 was ok

i hope this help

Comment

I have a Sony KDL-55XBR8 that was showing vertical lines but when I changed the picture mode from standard to custom, the lines disappeared. Going back to standard mode the vertical line reappear. I'm guessing the main AU board has problems, but at least I am able to use in "custom" mode. Any thoughts from other Bravia owners?

Comment

I have attached photos of the Sony KDL-55XBR8 in each of the four picture modes, i.e. cinema, vivid, standard and custom. As you can see, the only mode without vertical lines id the custom mode. Source was a DVD playing a movie via an HDML connection. I had just changed out the AU 1-877-616-11 main board, but no solution. I also used all the other html connection but that didn't help. Thought it might be the TCON board but overlay menus show no sign of the lines but in the background the lines are visible. Have any of you experienced any thing like this?
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X