Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp lc-52e77un Blinking light

Hi all new here, have a shap aquos Model # lc-52e77un
    when plugged in the green power led comes on and i get a relay click but no picture or sound, ~10secs later i get a another click and this repeats multiple times before settling at power and opc led blink once together, then power led blinks twice and repeat. No picture or sound

Opened back of tv and found top inveter not seated properly, pushed inverter back into place. Powered up no change. Also tried holding input and volume down when plugging in, no change. Would like help testing ouput voltage of power supply or whatever needs to be done. I have a multimeter, solder gun and smd rework station.

Any help greatly appreciated, this is a 52" so its hard to just scrap it

Re: Sharp lc-52e77un Blinking light

Count the blinks on the power LED and OPC LED.

For example 5 blinks power, 2 blinks OPC, or 5-2. That is backlight failure from memory. (Don't quote me.) The service manual will tell you what the code means.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

power and opc led blink once together, then power led blinks twice. Repeats same blink code over and over.

Comment

OK 3-1 blink code then

Service manual is here: http://www.tgohome.com/ServiceManual...&Search=Submit

The first manual is the document for the LC-52SB57. The second contains the changes between that and LC-52E77.

Error codes are on 6-15.

3-1 error: "Initial communication from the main CPU is not received. (Request for the monitor model No. is not received after canceling the reset.) → Communication line error or main CPU start-up failure."
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I am looking at a TV with the same 'blink code'. Did you ever get resolution to this, and would you mind sharing?

Comment

Hi
            Any luck with this tv?? I have same problem, same model.
            LED Blinks 3-1 times.
            Any help please.
            Mac

Comment

Hi any one know the solution for this 3-1 error code for Sharp ? is it the mother board problem ?

Comment

Id assume "main cpu" means the processor on the main board. So after confirming that all the voltages are reaching the mainboard appropriately (whether that be 3.3v, 5v, 12v, so on) then I would say to replace the main board.
                Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.

Comment

I had the same error code with the same model, after replaced the main board, tv works perfect.

Comment

This seems to be a very common problem, and is happening in droves lately. over various different models.

I am starting to wonder if the main CPU's SPI flash memory isnt getting corrupt, and therefore it cant boot.

Comment

Working...
                    X