This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

I've replaced every stinking board on this TV and still no picture sound ......so is it safe to say its a bad panel???

Comment

There is the possibility; a leak in the gas may not necessary cause the buzz of death.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Welcome back Tom. Here's a YouTube link of what's going on. This is pre purchase of the PSU http://youtu.be/fAayKZH_AHY

Comment

could one of your new boards also be faulty?

Comment

Check VSON on control board. Note some newer Samsung will not power on with missing X-main, they changed the design unfortunately.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Do you mean Vscan from Y-main ???

Comment

No, VSON on control board to power board. LOW (<0.8V) is Vs/Va on, HIGH (>2V) is Vs/Va off.

Comment

Vince I tested all the boards before installing them. Problem is when I have all the boards installed, I get buzzing sound from x-main. Then I end up shorting out the mosfets on both the y and main. And I can't find those fets here or anything comparable. So I have to wait forever to get them shipped from main land China....if I replace the whole Y main,that will be my forth board And third for X-Main. Right now Im on holding pattern until the mosfets come in

Comment

On yes, I checked that..PS-on is 4.5v high on 0v low off.. VS-on 0v low off and 3.2 high on

Comment

Sounds odd. When Vs/Va are active, what does VSON measure?

Comment

0.1 volts

Comment

And then when the Vs/Va turns off, it goes high?

Comment

Edit..3.257 volts for Vson

Comment

?????

Comment

When I turn off Vson is at 0.1 volts PSon is at 4.5 volts

Comment

With the tv off PSon is at 4.5 volts...the VSON is at 0-0.1 v.. With the tv powered on, PSON is at 0.1 volts and VSON is at 3.25 volts

Comment

Tom does that appear to be right??

Comment

K, so when the TV shuts off (Vs/Va low), what happens to VSON, does it change?

Comment

If your talking about the output volts from the PSU to the logic board, PSon is 4.5v with TV off..and VSON is 0.1. When I turn tv on, PSon is 0v and VSON is 3.3v

Comment

Vs and va on the high is normal with power on 207vs va 54v

Comment

Working...
                                          X