This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

Oh by the way, I'm not sure if this was effectivepower but this is what I did with the old board. I connected 5v to the y board with my variable power supply. The board started Smoking from one of the zendiodes located near a power ic. It started smoking at 2 volts

Comment

I meant Effective not effective power

Comment

All of the IC chips did not heat up or burn just that one zen diode

Comment

Have another Y-main on order. Seller refunded me my money. I hope this next board is not defective

Comment

waveform from control board y-main ribbon connection.
            Attached Files

Comment

A photo of the Zen Diode that smoked when I tested the Y-Buffer with 10-15V with my variable power suppply. The zen diode started smoking between 2- 4 volts...Upon applying power to the board, I immediatly noticed the current shoot up fast..clearly an indication of a short on the board.
              Attached Files

Comment

If you need any measurements I have one of those boards here.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Sure would like to see them. Thanks for offering Tom

Comment

I will see what I can do.

My board is defective though, when the Wii controller smashed into the working TV it shorted some panel electrodes together (which have alternating ~200V or 0V), which damaged two of the buffer ICs. I am now suspect of any buffer boards from broken TVs as they may have been damaged. Newer plasma panel uses very thin panel structure (<5mm), meaning shorts are more likely.

So I may have to limit my tests to around other components, I cannot supply measurements for those ICs.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok sounds good. Any measurments you have is a help

Comment

I tested the new Y-Buffer board and there are no shorts. I also tested the old one and there were no shorts. I followed your video instructions. However, when I supplied voltage, the current draw was increasing fast and then the Zen Diode smoked.

Comment

replacement X-Main, control board, and In and out board just arrived .

Comment

Just did same model with same trouble
                            Had shorted fet's on main Y and X boards
                            Replaced both boards set works

Comment

I did replace the Y-Main and Y-Buffer and no fix. So I figure I recieved a defective Y-main and ordered up another one which I have not recieved yet. But I just replaced the control board and connected the ribbon cable to goes to the Y-main to see if the Vs and Va drops on the PSU after power up and it still does. without the ribbon connected the voltage is stable vs 207v Va 57v

Comment

I'm just going to have to wait on the Y-Main board to arrive next week.

Comment

Tom what zed diode goes to ZD5400?? On y buffer board.

Comment

Shoot. Sorry I'm not in Leeds any more and I left the buffer there, I forgot. I'm back in 4 weeks. Sorry.

Comment

Just got my X-Tronic 4040 rework station....Love this equipment it makes soldering and due soldering SMD and SMT so much easier. And it's ESD safe. Now I can test some of the SMD components out of circuit. Back to working on my RCA 42PA30RQ.

X-TRONIC" MODEL #4040 - 4000 SERIES - SMD - ESD SAFE - 2 in 1 Digital Hot Air Rework & Soldering Iron Station - 4 Hot Air Nozzles - 10 Asst. Solder Tips - 1 Extra Hot Air Heating Element & 1 Extra Solder Gun Heating Element - 1 5X MAGNIFYING LAMP!!!

Comment

Yes, that looks pretty nice and good price! $139 at amazon. I'm jealous

Comment

Well I swapped the PSU on the TV, out another $50 and I still have not been able to get this tv going..

Comment

Working...
                                          X