Re: This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

not sure if I did this right with the bitmap but lets see
    Attached Files

Comment

Nope I guess not

Comment

It worked, no thumbnail but it loads on my laptop. Something is definitely wrong. Can you repeat with the Y-buffer unplugged?
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

oh I did get it right..I can see it on on my ipad

Comment

oh that was with the y-buffer ribbons disconnected..let me hook them back up

Comment

I mean for the whole buffer board to be removed, not just the connectors.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ok

Comment

y-buffer disconnected
                  Attached Files

Comment

More or less the same. So Y-main or control board is failed. Can you repeat the test on the X-main side?

Comment

i replaced the Y-Main yesterday and my x-main has a humming sound coming from it. I checked for shorted components and found q4001 was shorted. its a RJP30E2 0712 part number. i had some new RJP30E2'S i had ordered for the old y-main board, so i replaced the shorted on on the x-main but that didn't do anything to fix the problem. so i ordered a replacement x-main.

Comment

this is the waveform when probing the VE testpoint on the y-main
                        Attached Files

Comment

Interesting -- definitely something appear shorted. However, I meant to test the X output. This is what goes to the orange ribbon on the righthand side.

Comment

Ok but i think i have a bad fet on that board..the Q4001 AND Q4007

Comment

my X-Main is dead,,it hums and no reading on the VE test point

Comment

Can I atleast see the output? Right now I think that both X and Y are bad.

Comment

ok

Comment

where do you want me to hook up probes on the x-main..on the VE testpoint?

Comment

On C4020, the leg closest to the black connector.

Comment

this is how i have it set up
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks good to me. Your X-main is slightly different to my spare one -- mine does not have that diode -- but it's similar enough.

Comment

Working...
                                          X