This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

If the Ve voltage is low or missing disconnect the power supply cable from the X board. If the Ve voltage rises the X board is probably shorted. If the voltage stays low the SMPS board needs to be replaced. If the Vs voltage is low or missing it can be caused by a defective X or Y board. Check both boards for short circuits before replacing the SMPS board. If the Vs voltage is too high an effect called diffusion may occur. Diffusion is when the initialize voltage is too high. Excessive voltage causes unwanted pixel firing creating intermittent sub-pixel flashes. Power on-off cycling can be caused by a shorted component on the Logic board loading down the standby 5V.

Comment

That text is from the manual I downloaded. However my TV doesn't state what the VE voltage should be. It only has Va and Vs and Vsc

Comment

Tom do you know to use ESR meter to locate a short to ground on the curcuit trace?

Comment

Ve is around 70~130V.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok mine is at 64

Comment

Hmm, 64V may be OK, seems a little low, but you should still get a picture.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

That's with the X-Main disconnected

Comment

I Ve is missing with X-main connected

Comment

Disconnected X-main for re test and Ve volts are 62.5v

Comment

Re checked Ve at the Y-main again and it's down to 59v...dismay that's pretty low voltage

Comment

I'd say not dismay

Comment

There is possibly a Ve short then.

Comment

Hmm where would you think that Ve short is coming from, PSU or other board?

Comment

X-main.

Comment

Duh!!! I lost my train of thought for a second...ok I'm going to take a break from this Tv until my replacement X-main arrives. I hope that takes care of the problem. It should be here on the 15th. In the mean time ill be doing more learning and research on how to fix electronics such as LCD and plasma TV's

Comment

I LOVE WORKING ON THIS STUFF!!!!!! Troubleshooting is fun

Comment

I just discovered something interesting.. When I connected the ribbon cable that goes from the logic board to the Y-main, My Va and Vs and Ve drop just after power up. When I disconnect the ribbon cable and power up the TV, My Vs Va are stable

Comment

This seems to indicate something on the Y-main is forcing the control board to shut the TV off.

Comment

Could be the control board is bad. I do recall the tv had no problem powering up prior to me removing the original Y -Main. Ever since I reinstalled the Y-Main I ran into this mess with the Tv not turning on

Comment

I meant could it be the control board is bad

Comment

Working...
                                          X