Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pioneer plasma PDP-435PE

Originally posted by Jasgriff View Post
    I am sure you will make it back on the next one! I hope you blew all of that dust out or it will only come back to haunt you when it over heats
    Worst ive ever seen with dust..its been totally stripped so good as new..fingers crossed..i did forget if the fan blows in or blows out..ive put it to blow out as that looked right with connection wire..is that the correct way..doh

Comment

Originally posted by sienoki View Post
      Worst ive ever seen with dust..its been totally stripped so good as new..fingers crossed..i did forget if the fan blows in or blows out..ive put it to blow out as that looked right with connection wire..is that the correct way..doh
      It should suck air in from the bottom and blow it out the top.

The TV uses the chimney effect to keep itself cool: the cool air enters the bottom and exits the top due to convection (hot air rises.) The exiting air is hot, the TV creates a temperature differential. The fan assists with the moving of air through the set. That's why almost all of the heatsinks are mounted vertically.
      Last edited by tom66; 03-19-2012, 05:20 PM. Reason: clarify
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        It should suck air in from the bottom and blow it out the top.

The TV uses the chimney effect to keep itself cool: the hot air enters the bottom and exits the top due to convection (hot air rises.) The fan assists this. That's why almost all of the heatsinks are mounted vertically.
        Its sucking in air from the side vents only 1 side having vents & blowing out with the fan so alls good..ive nowt to get my hands in now apart from a 40"acoustics solutions lcd but that looks like a as the screen appears to have a bleed..several ccfl bad & shitty vestel board seems to have a fault..anyways back to normality for a while..thx guys

Comment

hi sienoki
          this MR box was it the PDP-R05FE ?

Comment

For all. I came across this very handy field service guide for Pioneer Plasma TVs.
            Attached Files

Comment

thanks cliff i love you lol just fixed my plasma what someone gave me

Comment

Originally posted by mick2222 View Post
                hi sienoki
                this MR box was it the PDP-R05FE ?
                Yep fella & is still running good..just remember if you ever open it bk up make sure its turned off cos off that trap switch

Comment

Originally posted by sienoki View Post
                  Yep fella & is still running good..just remember if you ever open it bk up make sure its turned off cos off that trap switch
                  av had this tv 5 week was about buy a new MR box cuz had it given me but came across this forum and fixed it lol the guy who give it me is kicking himself now lol

Comment

Hello Everybody,
                    Just purchased myself an PDP-435PE panel with PDP-R05FE receiver. The guy told me the receiver was broken. Not sure if that is correct.
                    When I connect everything the red led on the panel is burning and the green and red led on the receiver are burning. No flashing of the leds. In one of the manuals I read this means there is something wrong with the receiver. In the manual of the receiver is a table (page 182) which suggests it is in "trap switch operation" I've checked the switch and it works fine.
                    I've tried to go to service mode but... My remote doesn't have an "Display" button (axd1491). Don't know how to enter it.

I hoped to be able to use only the panel. Just put the video in trough the DVI connector. Audio goes to my home system. Sadly this doesn't work according to the service manual of the panel.

Anybody any suggestions where to look in the receiver?

Comment

With an programmable logitech remote I was able to get the system in service mode. At least i guess. The receiver gives a clic, the panel led goes to green and a few pixels on the screen (right top corner) light up. Hitting the power button on the remote gives me another click and the led on the panel turns on to red again.
                      After this I connected the dvi output of the receiver with an dvi-hdmi connector to my TV. When I put the receiver in service mode I get some scrolling blocks on the right side of the screen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3s2osbsbik...14.35.mp4?dl=0

anybody any suggestions?

Comment

And the pixels on the panel:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nxblorjqy...02.49.mp4?dl=0

Comment

There's something wrong with the X- or Y- panel drivers, but it is hard to say what, unfortunately.
                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi,

It is possible to use the Panel without the Receiver.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/...needed.151212/

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. So I guess I first have to find the error in the panel. After that I'll start building the serial device to connect my laptop to the tv. I already planned to use it only trough HDMI. Glad to hear it is possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X