Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: pioneer plasma PDP-435PE

Originally posted by sienoki View Post
    Hi tom..no harddrive or flash memory fella..will leave the set till cable arrives..have you ever come across this trap switch before?..all info on tinternet applies to remote sequence tried this & no good..1 tv tech said solid red & green & MR in some shut down mode??anyways thx 4 info so far mucka
    What is the trap switch? I would think it is actually illegal in many cases for a manufacturer to disable a product if the case is opened unless there is a justified reason e.g. a credit card terminal (anti-tamper), medical device... At the very least, it doesn't make sense: why would they produce a service manual then?!
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      What is the trap switch? I would think it is actually illegal in many cases for a manufacturer to disable a product if the case is opened unless there is a justified reason e.g. a credit card terminal (anti-tamper), medical device... At the very least, it doesn't make sense: why would they produce a service manual then?!
      The trap switch is tripped when the top panel is taken off & if powered on with lid off it disables the MR..when servicing the unit your supposed to tape it down..its not illegal from what ive read its an anti tamper device..something pioneer developed...allot of tv techs are stumped on this when the remote sequence does not work..so i guess im trulely stumped unless any 1 here likes a challenge..anyways fingers crossed this dvi ti hdmi might shed some light..thx

Comment

If the signal cable is unplugged the tv should have an orange light and it may flash.

The media boxes with these held up very well and I would suspect the small round signal cable first before taking anything apart.

look for bent pins. also this cable has the audio signals as well.

I have the 50hdt50m version of this tv made by pioneer for Hitachi (2003) with the updated power supply. I would not trade it for anything!

Find out if the tv power supply is an axy-1059. The updated version is an axx-1064 and will be tagged on the aluminum back of the power supply.

Your tv may vary slightly from mine pending the year. There were a few different models that used the media boxes.
        Last edited by cadiman; 03-17-2012, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cadiman View Post
          If the signal cable is unplugged the tv should have an orange light and it may flash.

The media boxes with these held up very well and I would suspect the small round signal cable first before taking anything apart.

look for bent pins. also this cable has the audio signals as well.

I have the 50hdt50m version of this tv made by pioneer for Hitachi (2003) with the updated power supply. I would not trade it for anything!

Find out if the tv power supply is an axy-1059. The updated version is an axx-1064 and will be tagged on the aluminum back of the power supply.

Your tv may vary slightly from mine pending the year. There were a few different models that used the media boxes.
          Hi cadiman..theres now bent pins on either of the lead ends..heres a pic of tv psu model no..with the tv disconnected from the MR the leds on tv green & red flash together indicating MR unplugged..with the MR plugged in the tv led is red flashing 2 times indicating a problem with MR..all you get from the MR is both power on & standby led both been on together..thx
          Attached Files
          Last edited by sienoki; 03-18-2012, 07:31 AM.

Comment

What's up with that 4 pin black chip with a mark on it, top right of picture? It looks like an optocoupler but the marking on it looks like damage.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

What's up with that 4 pin black chip with a mark on it, top right of picture? It looks like an optocoupler but the marking on it looks like damage.
              Will open it back up & get jewel eye out

Comment

Will open it back up & get jewel eye out
                Looks like tipex..when probing diodes etc on this tv psu there is 2 diodes D24&D26 which both measure .032 with a continues beep on diode check function..will i need to pull a leg to retest as all the other diodes measure a reading & OL..thx
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks like tipex..when probing diodes etc on this tv psu there is 2 diodes D24&D26 which both measure .032 with a continues beep on diode check function..will i need to pull a leg to retest as all the other diodes measure a reading & OL..thx
                  Better pics of them diodes..also this card thats soldered in has a orange led lit when the set is on..thx..its the card behind the heatsink
                  Them diodes are measuring good out of circuit
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by sienoki; 03-18-2012, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Better pics of them diodes..also this card thats soldered in has a orange led lit when the set is on..thx..its the card behind the heatsink
                    Them diodes are measuring good out of circuit
                    Well ive took dog for a walk & to clear my head cos this set done my head in so far..ive stripped remote down & cleaned with isproponal..plugged everything back together & tried the remote sequence again & BINGO it fired right up
                    Once in the service mode i dont want to mess any settings up so i set time n date & left it at that...it dosnt have freeview built in so trying with a cheapy 1..I want to do a full factory restore to the set & could do with..thx

Comment

Well ive took dog for a walk & to clear my head cos this set done my head in so far..ive stripped remote down & cleaned with isproponal..plugged everything back together & tried the remote sequence again & BINGO it fired right up
                      Once in the service mode i dont want to mess any settings up so i set time n date & left it at that...it dosnt have freeview built in so trying with a cheapy 1..I want to do a full factory restore to the set & could do with..thx
                      Ive sussed it out..what i did if any1 ever comes across this problem..
                      to enter service mode press display button wait 3secs then left arrow/up arrow/left arrow/right arrow then power button..then in service mode keep pressing mute button till you get to initialize page..then press & hold the display button untill the red led goes out from the MR..
                      Thx guys n gals for your feedback & help

Comment

Well happy that you have got it going!

Pioneer make mint TV's. Just need to give it a clean up in side and it will be like new
                        Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
                        Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

They *made* nice plasma TVs... they don't any more. Shame.

Comment

Panasonic GT Series are still made by the old Pioneer chappies!

Comment

Originally posted by Jasgriff View Post
                              Panasonic GT Series are still made by the old Pioneer chappies!
                              How long will gases last for screen with it been 2005 model?
                              Its a very nice looking setup shame freeview not built in to MR box..What sort of money do these go for in used cond..im thinking of making him an offer as its better looking than my nearly fixed LG 42"

Comment

Its a very nice looking setup shame freeview not built in to MR box..What sort of money do these go for in used cond..im thinking of making him an offer as its better looking than my nearly fixed LG 42"
                                Here she is fully working
                                Attached Files

Comment

Almost forever. However, the phosphors will eventually burn out, so the panel has a useful life of 15-20 years. The other parts in the TV will probably last 5-10 years, as it is well built.

Well it's a Pioneer so probably not too shy of £700.

Comment

Almost forever. However, the phosphors will eventually burn out, so the panel has a useful life of 15-20 years. The other parts in the TV will probably last 5-10 years, as it is well built.

Well it's a Pioneer so probably not too shy of £700.
                                    I got the set for 100pounds so im well buzzing..all i need now is a good freeview box maybe hd recordable if our lass lets me..i will have to love her long time..

Comment

The gas gradually goes which affects the brightness as I understand. It happens over such a period of time that you don't really notice it unless you had a brand new one at the side of it.

I like LG I used to have one of those before I got my Pioneer. You will notice that the sound on the Pioneer will be a lot nicer.

No big deal getting a freeview box. Pioneer don't seem to make fancy looking freeview menus so your not missing much. If you want to get a good freeview recorder then go for a Humax one they tend to be the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasgriff View Post
                                        The gas gradually goes which affects the brightness as I understand. It happens over such a period of time that you don't really notice it unless you had a brand new one at the side of it.

I like LG I used to have one of those before I got my Pioneer. You will notice that the sound on the Pioneer will be a lot nicer.

No big deal getting a freeview box. Pioneer don't seem to make fancy looking freeview menus so your not missing much. If you want to get a good freeview recorder then go for a Humax one they tend to be the best.
                                        Cheers jasgriff..will look at Humax..ive just let my 42"lg lcd go for 100quid as i couldnt get the problem sorted..so that paid for pioneer..i had 150quid in lg but have ended up with allot better set

Comment

I am sure you will make it back on the next one! I hope you blew all of that dust out or it will only come back to haunt you when it over heats

Comment

Working...
                                          X