Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 42PFL5432D/37 I May Have Made my Problem Worse

ok here we go,

W26NM60 (red) & W18NK802 (blue) are your power mosfets. Check them for shorts (under 30 ohms). I clipped a pic on your photo to help you. Check pins 1-2, 1-3, 2-3

IC902 on the back of the power supply is your Power Factor Controller (PFC). Assuming the dot on the chip is pin #1, check between pin 6 & 8.

Both above check with meter on the ohms setting (Ω). The 200 scale will work fine. Anything under 30 ohms will need to be removed from the board and checked again. If they are good the meter is going to display either 1 or OL because its going to be in the (k) or (m) range and thats well above 200.

I had a bad pfc controller that shorted out and took the fuse with it. Let us know the results.

Lobo, is your tv doing the same as m1dp? (blowing fuse)
    Attached Files

Comment

No blown fuses yet but I did have the same bad caps. At first I only replaced the bad ones but the PSU was making a considerably loud, high-pitched chirping. (buzzing, humming,...whatever you want to call it.)
      Then I replaced the remaining caps. Since doing that, the sound is now almost completely gone and it doesn't seem to run quite as hot. But now I'm getting some sort of surge on the T-conn board that blew a small SMD capacitor. The TV seems to work fine without it. I tried replacing the T-conn board but the picture fades to black. Put the old one on without that capacitor and it works. I'd prefer not to run it like that, but...

Comment

the diode that was circled in green for me by retiredcaps is reading .454 and no reading the other way this means that the diode is still good and can be soldered right?

the bridge rectifier readings are
        pin 1 and 2 .548 ,reverse is no reading
        pin 2 and 3 no reading either way
        pin 3 and 4 .566 ,reverse is no reading
        so according to the video this should be good.
        also @ mr.bill the chip#is sg6961sz b1aa1720713e

thanks everybody for the time you are using to help i really appreciate this
        Last edited by m1dp; 03-18-2012, 08:54 AM. Reason: posted before reading post 21 and 22

Comment

removed mosfet you circled in red test results
          with positive on pin 1 to pin 2 =no change or 1.
          positive on pin 1 to 3 =no change or 1.
          positive on pin 2 to 1= no change or 1.
          positive on pin2 to 3 = no change or 1.
          positive on pin 3 to 1 = no change or 1.
          positive on pin 3 to 2 = .514
          all under 2k. i tried to use 200 setting but the number goes away too fast and is never the same
          Now, the chip on the back. With positive on pin 8 to 6 is no change or 1.
          positive on pin 6 to 8 is .651 did i do this correctly or did you need me to test all combinations? just trying to be thorough.

Comment

here are the results from mosfet circled in blue
            positive on pin 1 to 2= .003
            positive on pin 1 to 3= .003
            positive on pin 2 to 1= .003
            positive on pin 2 to 3= .000
            positive on pin 3 to 1= .002
            positive on pin 3 to 2= .000

Comment

Originally posted by m1dp View Post
              here are the results from mosfet circled in blue
              positive on pin 1 to 2= .003
              positive on pin 1 to 3= .003
              positive on pin 2 to 1= .003
              positive on pin 2 to 3= .000
              positive on pin 3 to 1= .002
              positive on pin 3 to 2= .000
              The one i circled in blue appears to be shorted. What setting did you have on your multimeter? The one you got .514 (red) maybe ok if you had the multimeter set to 2M. It would be .514 Mohms. For giggles retest with the highest ohm setting your meter has which i believe is 2M. If its shorted you should still get a value under 30 ohms.

As for the pfc chip on the back. I uploaded the datasheet. Ground and ZCD are the 2 corner pins. So atleast try the other 3 corners. If its under 30 ohms then its bad but i'm leaning towards the one mosfet (blue)
              Attached Files

Comment

the setting i use is the 2k setting it has the " -->l-- " symbol on it i posted a pic of it on post #14. i tested the bad mosfet under 2m, 200k, 20k and all pin combinatons tested .000. i tested good mosfet got no change or 1. on all pin combos. (under 2m, 200k, 20k) so now i searched for the replacement and found that it is an obsolete part (http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...Words=W18NK80z). i got on help chat with them and they recomend this (http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...-5-ND&x=7&y=11) do you guys think the specs are close enough?
                then on the pfc, with red on pin6 (gnd) to pin 7 (gd) i get reading .115 then i switch red to pin 5 then back to six the reading changes to .026 (under 30 ohms .030 indicates short right?) should i just desolder and test out of circuit? sucks cause digikey says this part is also Non-Stock. http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...Words=sg6961sz i am alsso thinking some other diodes went bad causing the mosfet to go bad or does the pfc control the mosfet?

Comment

diode readings all "in-board"
                  BLACK DIODES IN PIC
                  zd 904 .638 reverse no change or 1.
                  zd 902 .638 reverse 1.
                  d 907 .555 reverse 1.
                  d 925 .533 reverse 1.
                  fb 918 .000 reverse .000 ??
                  D 912 .000 reverse .000 ??
                  d 911 .564 reverse 1.
                  Attached Files

Comment

D912 is bad. Remove from the board to verify.

As for the mosfet, some of the values are a little higher (drain voltage) and (drain current) but if digikeys tech claims the mosfet are a cross then chances are it will work. That mosfet would definatly pop a fuse as soon as the tv is powered on. How many fuses do you have left? I'm thinking of you replace that mosfet and diode you should be back in business.

Comment

here is what i came up with for replacements what do you guys think

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...83558489434679

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...83558489434679

Comment

THANKS EVERYBODY!! got the parts in soldered them in an tv has been on for about two hours now. the only thing is the power mosfet that came in was smaller than the original so i had to bend the pins like a pitch fork. now i officially brought my first tv back from the dead. 32 inch proview might be next.
                        (parts, didn't know my links were broken)
                        RGP10M-E3/73GICT-ND --diode
                        497-5972-5-ND--mosfet
                        Last edited by m1dp; 03-30-2012, 05:25 PM. Reason: broken links in previous post

Comment

Working...
                        X