Philips 42PF7320A/37 42" Plasma 7 red flashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 42PF7320A/37 42" Plasma 7 red flashes

Hello, I have a Philips 42PF7320A/37 42" v.4 with the 7 red flashes. I replaced the 2 3300 10v caps that WERE bad, only to find same 7 flashes after psb shutdown. I then have 3 flashes on the alarm led for V_scan. I discon'd the Y sustain board and got all green after powering up, so I discon'd the upper and lower Buff boards and recon'd the Y sus, and again got the 7 red and 3 alarm green. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Philips 42PF7320A/37 42" Plasma 7 red flashes

Service manual should be this one:

All Philips SM's I've seen so far explained the blinking LED error codes, so this might help pinpoint the problem.

Comment

Thanks Scenic, I downloaded the SM yesterday and am thinking about replacing the Y sustain board. I'm just trying to figure out if the a bad Y sb would cause the two 3300 10v caps to blow on the psb as they did, or if I'm missing something.

Comment

The new CAPS I put in did NOT blow again, they are fine....but still have the 7 red flashes..but they were blown before I replaced.

Comment

Scenic, I think that is not in English . I did find a "LC4.9E AA.pdf" on another website which seems to be for a European chassis (SCART, DVI, SD PDP) but should be fairly similar for testing purposes.

There is a "Philips PS- 424-PH LJ44-00101C PSU.pdf" which appears to be a repair guide someone has put together for the power board that probably is in your model. It might be some help.

The two caps at C8060 and C8059 were both Samwha WB series right? There may be anothe Samwha WB to the right of the board at C8026.

Comment

what the hell.. i thought all SM's on ET have to be english -.-
            sorry

Comment

Apparently not, because I downloaded all 4 SMs on there for the 42PF7320 and they were all in Iberian

Comment

Listen and learn, Grasshopper.

1. Always use the full model number when searching for a service manual.

2. By my count, there are 5 different chassis used in the '42PF7320' model, but only one used in the 42PF7320A/37. And yes, 42PF7320 seems to be a legitimate model number - for a version distributed in Europe.

3. Many of the Philips Service manuals on Elektrotanya are referenced by the chassis number.

4. I usually use Electronica-Pt to determine the chassis number for a particular model number.

5. For a 42PF7320A/37, the chassis number is BP2.3U AA.

PlainBill
                For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
                X