Sony Bravia 65x900F BL On but not picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony Bravia 65x900F BL On but not picture

I need to disconnect LED driver board from Power supply board too?
    Do I jumper STDBY 3.3 with power on, and also STBDY 3.3 with TCON ON?

Comment

doesn't matter if u disconnected or not it will be out since u only connect STDBY 3.3 with power on, and also STBDY 3.3 with TCON ON

Comment

Ok thanks! That video was misleading. So I connected as you said and I could see no picture with a flash light. I then connected the BL_On to 3.3 (also Tcon-on, and Power on) with the LED board connected to the power board. I only see the backlight on and no picture. So you think it may be the buffer boards right? I will need to take the stand off and put the display flat on a table to remove the metal covering. I will do that tonight and upload the pictures

Comment

on the panel buffer boards, you will find on each side at the middle ribbon cable like letter U , called U ribbon,,, if you have this on the boards,,, need to disconnect only one side on each time and turn on after you put all cable of MB back in place as original..
          if your screen stay as it before not image or white 3/4 screen... mean your T-CON bad

Comment

For my understanding, the buffer boards are under that metal shield below the t-con ribbon cables in the attached picture right? If I just disconnect one of the ribbon cables from the t-con board, would that do the same test?
            Attached Files

Comment

yes under the metal, remove it after remove the speaker..
              No, the U ribbon test in case you have them on panel boards more effective than one ribbon from t-con... because it will load the panel as 3/4 while the t-con ribbon disconnection will be 1/2

Comment

I didn't take the metal off yet, but looked online for a video that had a picture of the buffer boards. I don't see any U ribbons in this picture. This is the left buffer board I think
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by lmcancu View Post
                  I didn't take the metal off yet, but looked online for a video that had a picture of the buffer boards. I don't see any U ribbons in this picture. This is the left buffer board I think
                  are you always so in yours life??? dont have trust on yours self and other ??????

what are under his fucking hand in photo.... this is fucking u ribbon.... this is my last post.... sorry

Comment

Sorry, it was not that I didn't trust. It was more a question of where the U ribbon was. I was looking for the shape of the U and I coudldn't see it in the picture. I know that you have helped a lot of people in this forum, including me before, and I really appreciate your help!

How would I detach the ribbon?

Comment

Ok I see it I think! Those two white connectors hold the ribbon cables and the U shape is between those two connectors. Sorry for being dumb! I will check it tonight and let you know. And even if this is your last post, I really appreciate all your help!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                        on the panel buffer boards, you will find on each side at the middle ribbon cable like letter U , called U ribbon,,, if you have this on the boards,,, need to disconnect only one side on each time and turn on after you put all cable of MB back in place as original..
                        if your screen stay as it before not image or white 3/4 screen... mean your T-CON bad
                        Hi Diah, screen stayed like before, only backlight on each side. So thank you for the diagnosis, and I will try to find a t-con board to replace this defective one.
                        Please see picture on my buffer board and the U-ribbon I disconnected.

Thanks again!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Question on the TCON part: The label on it says the following:
                          V40846J810M9V and LMY650FF01-A
                          I found a tcon board for sale with the part number:
                          V40846M9F04V0 and LMY650FF01-A

Are these the same boards except mine is the J version, and this one is the M version? Functionally they are the same but perhaps an improved version?

Seller indicates that they are all the same parts:

MANUFACTURER: Sony

PART NUMBER: LJ94-40846M

ALSO KNOWN AS:
                          40846M
                          LMY650FF01-A
                          E88441

TYPE: T-Con Board, LCD Controller, Control Board, CTRL Board, Timing Control

KNOWN MODELS:
                          Sony XBR-65X900F
                          Sony XBR65X900F

Comment

Fixed! Replaced with new T-CON and TV is alive again.
                            Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                            X