Samsung UE43NU7122 has Picture, but no Backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UE43NU7122 has Picture, but no Backlight

Greetings fellow DYIers, the moment I discovered this community forum, nostalgia has hit me pretty hard, this early web 2.0 look and feel is close to home. I can't describe my happiness seeing active forums that survived today, and its not just yet another centralized propriety subreddit.

Before I describe my issue with this particular TV, I would like to let you know that I do have basic electronic competence, and some electronic component knowledge. I also am an electrical installation technician student, although we exclusively study alternating currents and our primary focus is electrical installation. I can remove shells with relative ease, I take safety precautions, and I have some basic soldering skills. The tools that I have for diagnosis is just a multi-meter.

I would like to also express my disappointment at Samsung electronics. Once known as a reliable and quality South Korean electronics giant, they're lately into cutting corners and it shows. I quickly realized some brands like Toshiba, JVC and Hitachi although respected names, they rebadged already existing Vestel garbage, which component failure is to be expected, I had repaired one in the past. I never expected a Samsung TV to fail in just 4-5 years, I have made a search in this forum, based on this thread its a well known issue.

So I do ask for your help.
    This TV does have picture but no backlight, I know this because I have shined upon the panel. My uncle who had this TV said, before it failed it was only showing picture on one side, but one day it shifted towards just the other side displaying, and later on it completely failed.

I truly believe this is not a mainboard issue, but could be the PSU related or the LEDs itself. I want you to help me diagnose this issue, starting with a multimeter. What should I check first when I take out the rear cover?

Many thanks for your assistance

Re: Samsung UE43NU7122 has Picture, but no Backlight

Probably bad backlights, read sticky about pictures: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Re: Samsung UE43NU7122 has Picture, but no Backlight

Unplug mainboard from the power supply board .

On Samsung TVs, this puts the device into backlight test mode. If you have no backlight power after doing this you likely have either a faulty power supply board or blown backlights.

This model is edge lit, it is most likely a backlight fault.

Comment

Working...
      X