Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 70UH6350 (UB.BUSMLJr)

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    never left only the light eye section on the IR board could be shorted.. it share the 3.5V which MB DC to DC convert to use for eye and DRV_ON.. IR / Wifi / BT so you check if there at eye 3.5V or it dead some where
    But the eye is working fine... RC standby/standby exit so?

Checked left and right pin of eye and yes 3.5v all the time in both standby and exit standby.

Remember I said on PSU there is a wire bridge labelled FAULT. This is not useful for any test?

thx

Comment

how do you know the light eyes working LOL and you don't have any BL ???
      eye for light are different from IR retriever
      remember you wrote before P-DM1 & 2 are very high.... if eye defect will tell MB turn off..
      the eye located at the right side of IR boards.. where at the middle the LED indicator and on other side the IR receiver

Comment

how do you know the light eyes working LOL and you don't have any BL ???
        eye for light are different from IR retriever
        remember you wrote before P-DM1 & 2 are very high.... if eye defect will tell MB turn off..
        the eye located at the right side of IR boards.. where at the middle the LED indicator and on other side the IR receiver
        Oh sorry; you mean eye of tiger

OK please tell me exactly how I test/probe thx.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nonsub View Post
          Oh sorry; you mean eye of tiger

OK please tell me exactly how I test/probe thx.

Like maybe one test is finger on/off eye PDIM voltages should change?

Comment

this is the eye

actuality it tested with oscilloscope signal Freq. but it could also work with Analog measurement device.. same the way to IR receiver.. it will move little high or low regard to signal or light source..
            but we are now interested on the 3.5V on it.. if it exist or dead some where..
            Attached Files

Comment

this is the eye

actuality it tested with oscilloscope signal Freq. but it could also work with Analog measurement device.. same the way to IR receiver.. it will move little high or low regard to signal or light source..
              but we are now interested on the 3.5V on it.. if it exist or dead some where..
              So meter ground to chassis an red probe each of the 6 pins?

Comment

So meter ground to chassis an red probe each of the 6 pins?
                3.5V on 3 shown pins both when in/out of standby.
                Attached Files

Comment

sorry i cant answer this... as i don't have under hand the specification of eyes chip..could other member have experiences with this boards... but usual it should as i know and saw before at other type it will be only one side active with STB V. 3.5 here you show cell 1 go through however if you look at it in Microscope you will find the inside cell have same infrastructure of others

Comment

sorry i cant answer this... as i don't have under hand the specification of eyes chip..could other member have experiences with this boards... but usual it should as i know and saw before at other type it will be only one side active with STB V. 3.5 here you show cell 1 go through however if you look at it in Microscope you will find the inside cell have same infrastructure of others
                    OK I shaved off top of chip and viewed with electron microscope. Attached diag. What now boss?
                    Attached Files

Comment

OK I shaved off top of chip and viewed with electron microscope. Attached diag. What now boss?
                      you are really Master at destroying

Important Note: Never measure Currents direct on the chip... you have soldering test points for SDA /SCL VCC. should be used for testing

so how you are going to test frame bit I2C signal ?? what kind of equipment's you have ? if nothings at this level... then i will explain it in simple words...

you wrote before V measurements at STB condition... where it show Normal just right now.... SDA high.. SCL high too...

when the TV at Start condition --------->
                      SDA line switches from a high voltage level to a low voltage level before the SCL line switches from high to low. ( so you need to watch this action... if both remain high ) we have here an issue with frame bits.)

on other hand... you have on the back side of the boards SDA/SCL.soldering test points.. follow them to the socket and remark the pins of them on IR socket.... and on MB side..

Comment

you are really Master at destroying

Important Note: Never measure Currents direct on the chip... you have soldering test points for SDA /SCL VCC. should be used for testing

so how you are going to test frame bit I2C signal ?? what kind of equipment's you have ? if nothings at this level... then i will explain it in simple words...

you wrote before V measurements at STB condition... where it show Normal just right now.... SDA high.. SCL high too...

when the TV at Start condition --------->
                        SDA line switches from a high voltage level to a low voltage level before the SCL line switches from high to low. ( so you need to watch this action... if both remain high ) we have here an issue with frame bits.)

on other hand... you have on the back side of the boards SDA/SCL.soldering test points.. follow them to the socket and remark the pins of them on IR socket.... and on MB side..
                        Thx.

So I can trace pins sure. But I've no scope so nothing else possible to test right?

Comment

Thx.

So I can trace pins sure. But I've no scope so nothing else possible to test right?
                          Found cheap replacement for next week.

Comment

no needreplacment
                            you can try disconnect SCL / SDA line if they are connected to the socket on board..
                            also you need check DRV_ON on MB after you disconnect the sockt from PWB if it had short... Refr. to GND there mist be hidden small reason MB didnt send DRV_ON

Comment

no needreplacment
                              you can try disconnect SCL / SDA line if they are connected to the socket on board..
                              also you need check DRV_ON on MB after you disconnect the sockt from PWB if it had short... Refr. to GND there mist be hidden small reason MB didnt send DRV_ON

Not just no DRV_ON though... no USB no LAN.... how can be same cause?

Comment

Not just no DRV_ON though... no USB no LAN.... how can be same cause?
                                man.. just do what i do asking... enough... so please please don't follow your head... if you want me keep troubleshooting with you..

i asked about check DRV_ON pin on MB socket if it shorted... you come back to me with question...
                                i asked you to check the eye SCL SDA test points if they are connected on the IR boards socket which go to MB... but no info..
                                also please just do what we do ask... nothings more or less

Comment

no needreplacment

How do you suggest to disconnect from socket as it is a ribbon. Cut traces?

Comment

How do you suggest to disconnect from socket as it is a ribbon. Cut traces?
                                    w/e lifted traces SDA at IR PCB = no change, lifted SCL as well = no change. Very tiny legs so I hope you don't ask me to put back SDA and lift only SCL?

Also BTW DRV_ON not actually 0V on exit standby... it is 40mV... I think was always the case.
                                    Last edited by nonsub; 02-20-2023, 06:13 PM.

Comment

all MB which you tried are defect.

Comment

all MB which you tried are defect.

Crazy hey? In all cases boards were last 1 in stock so maybe a bit suspicious.

Can you please provide your address in Germany I can send TV to?

Comment

by ship pls. ... not one like Titanic

Comment

Working...
                                          X