Brother Maintenance Tools and repair help for QL-570

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brother Maintenance Tools and repair help for QL-570

Anyone can provide the software tools for Brother P-Touch QL-570?
    According to the service manual there should exist
    - Reset software tool (ql500tstReset.exe)
    - Maintenance software tool (ql570tstSE.exe)
    - VR adjustment tool (ql500tstVRAdjust.exe)
    - Auto power-off setting tool (autopoff.exe)
    On the brother homepage I only can find autopoff.exe and a tool called ptsweep.exe.

I got the QL-570 as defective, but it powered up normal (voltages measured ok) with cutting and paper feed working until a paper roll and driver were installed on the connected pc.
    The device now only shows a dim red LED light. Powering on/off doesn't work.

I'll do voltage measurements again to exclude an electrical/power supply problem. I'm not sure, if it's possible to access the printer in this state with any of the software tools?

Re: Brother Maintenance Tools and repair help for QL-570

Update:
    When unplugged from mains power after some days I'm able to switch on normally. All functions are working for a short period (about one minute). After that the device seems to freeze.

I measure only about 2.5V on the connector for the ON/OFF button where the other buttons show 3.3V when upressed.
    According to the service manual there are no components on the ON/OFF line, that could cause this behavior. R9 and R10 values measure ok.

Comment

Re: Brother Maintenance Tools and repair help for QL-570

I did more measurements and found strange high voltage about 25V on the ON/OFF button connector (CN8) when it is unplugged. With the plugged connector this drops to the 2.5V mentioned before.
      Unluckily my linked schematic doesn't show up.

Comment

Working...
      X