PSU With Premium Capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSU With Premium Capacitors

Has anybody found a power supply with all premium capacitors?

Re: PSU With Premium Capacitors

Unfortunately they are very few and far between. The retail version of some Seasonic units come with good capacitors. That is the only one I know. Ah and server grade Zippy power supplies look good too.

Comment

I only know Seasonic S12 retail and my be Corsair VX for sure.
      The several Seasonic S12 380w in black cases has Rubycon (not sure, but AFAIK YXF series) for the smaller capacitors (those tiny ones, not used at the output) and UCC KZE or similar.

Amacrox and Delta OEm units does mostly contain Capxon, which is for sure not the best, but probably better then anything else apart from Jap. capacitors.
      Recently i am looking for an older ATX 1.3 supply with good capacitors, but sadly there aren`t any.

Comment

I think my PC Power & Cooling 600 is full of UCC KMG's........

--edit--

Wow! They're actually KY's.
        Last edited by gastorgrab; 05-20-2008, 04:57 PM.

Comment

This is going to sound like a plug, but....

BFG ES-800 uses all Chemi-Con and Hitachi: http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=...50aHVzaWFzdA==
          Rest in peace BFG. You were... a job...

Comment

If it is a fact, it ain't a plug... just good information.

The only problem I have with the fan, is it a proprietary size, and more important: a sleeve bearing operating in vertical axis mode. This is hard on sleeve bearings and leads to early end-of-life.

More 140mm fans are coming on the market daily. Many, such as the Evercool Red Scorpion do not use sleeve bearings. The Noctua-Sony-Panaflo style fluid bearings are becoming more common as users demand (and pay for) higher quality fans. Fluid bearings are a mainstay in current disk drives, and with excellent results.

Slow rpm, high cfm fans are at the forefront in noise reduction.
            Last edited by bgavin; 05-29-2008, 09:15 AM.

Comment

IME, sleeve and ball bearing had no noticable difference in longevity/reliability and noise. I also had a lot of problems with spindle noise and vibration on panaflo fluid bearing fans. I never tried the sony developed fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyGURU
                This is going to sound like a plug, but....

BFG ES-800 uses all Chemi-Con and Hitachi: http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=...50aHVzaWFzdA==
                Well yeah, for $200 (current Newegg price). I'm sure it's a nice unit, but that's more wattage than I'd ever use.

Got anything down the line, say in the 400-500w range, that uses good caps? I know the retail Seasonic units do, but anything else? With those Seasonic units, I may as well throw the budget out the window!
                A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Comment

I ordered a Corsair CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 from Newegg for my upcoming ABit IP35 Pro build. The description mentioned Japanese solid caps on the critical output rails. We shall see what it looks like when it arrives.

I've been happy with Sparkle AT350-PN for business machine use, but these don't have the ATX12v 2.0 or whatever spec for the 8-pin aux power connector. The Corsair comes with both 4-pin and 8-pin to fit the IP35 Pro. This model is also advertised with extra long wiring, so it will fit the Antec P182 case that is holding the new system.

Comment

Seasonic low-end PSUs comes with OST capacitor in the secondary while High-ends comes with UCC (some models have a few UCC solid caps too).

CWT builds (like some Thermaltakes) in the 500 to 800W range comes with Rubycon or Matsushita (Primary) and Samxon (secondary).

Comment

>Well yeah, for $200 (current Newegg price). I'm sure it's a nice unit, but that's more wattage than I'd ever use.

my thoughts too, only i would say it like this:
                      why would i pay for those extra 500w i will never use.

then it boils down to corsair models, which should cost about 80$, i think...
                      this one
                      http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story3&reid=64

that way you'll only pay for extra 150w you'll never use..hehe...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Power+Supplies
                      Last edited by i4004; 06-01-2008, 10:16 AM.

Comment

I suppose if you don't mind spending money and voiding your warranty you could just customise an existing PSU
                        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                        -David VanHorn

Comment

I bought one of those Corsair PSU for the IP35 / P182 I'm building for myself.

Comment

http://www.coolermaster.com/news/hot...r=2008&id=5198

Coolermaster New toy with a huge amount of Solid capacitors.

Comment

What I want to buy is bare pcb's for psu so I can stuff it myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X