Bad PSU - Maybe Short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad PSU - Maybe Short

Hello guys.. Today i was mounting my Computer.. And by mistake or distraction i placed one Cable Wrong in the Motherboard... After Few Seconds i hear one " Boom" lol and start smelling burn ...

Tryed again, and then i saw the mistake and fix it... But now the problem is, every time i turn one the PSU, seems to have one Short because my Home electricity goes down... So i think is something about one Short or something?

After opening the Power Supply i saw some kinda of Blue ?Capacitors?, one of them looks like damaged...

Turn on the Power Supply again it's impossible... If i try again i thing i will burn my House lol..

So please, where i can start? Or what i should do? I know just welding.. Not mutch more than that...

Sorry about my English, hope you can help me on this. Here some Pics:

The PSU is one Corsair TX850w

Re: Bad PSU - Maybe Short

You need to check all transistors and diodes for shorts.
    Which cables did you swap exactly?
    Normally I would have expected a PSU like this to trip into safety mode but guess it did not...
    Start by just checking the bridge rectifier for a dead short.
    Btw, the soldering on the the back of the PSU looks like crap, several cold joints.
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
      You need to check all transistors and diodes for shorts.
      Which cables did you swap exactly?
      Normally I would have expected a PSU like this to trip into safety mode but guess it did not...
      Start by just checking the bridge rectifier for a dead short.
      Btw, the soldering on the the back of the PSU looks like crap, several cold joints.
      Do you know the Speaker from the Box? Ok, i was thinking i was placing the cable from it on the Mobo, but it seems was another thing from the Box... There is 2 cables almost identicals.. So i place the mistaken one.. And all the thing start in the Mobo.. Luckly the mobo not Burn...

But yeah, now you are talking about the safe mode.. rly.. It's stupid... This should enter into Safe mode..

What i know is, if i plug on the Power Supply, seems almost like joining two wires of electricity ... you know what i mean?

And one transsistor or Diode it has the ability to cause a symptom like this? The Power Supple is on Short i'm sure of that..

** It's the first time i'm opening this Power Supply, so everything you see is from Corsair
      Last edited by Xcat2008; 01-09-2016, 07:30 AM.

Comment

You need to replace those blue capacitors , it won't work without them! I would replace both of them.

You need to look on the caps for the value , probably 33KV or something like that. They are called ceramic capacitors. Try to replace those first and see what happens.

Looking on the back of the board there is a lot of damage , are the traces still intact?
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Working...
        X