This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSU Corsair AX1000

Hi Folks, I doubt to solve, this source in question seems to fail randomly, the computer freezes (during this sometimes you can turn it off from the power button on the case button, other times you will have to hit the switch that comes with the PSU) the failure is completely random and it can be an hour of turning on the computer 4/5h Either open a way to save a log of the source so you know what happens at the time the computer freezes, when I turn it off and on again it works normally and the Windows Event Viewer doesn't read any errors

I hope someone can tell me the path to follow, if you know of any testers with workload or who keep a record of spikes or voltage drops I thank you in advance
  • Answer selected by the Benninger at 03-05-2024, 12:47 PM.

1000w?
    whats in the pc?

Comment

fail randomly, the computer freezes
      So, can you check questionable psu on another test known good motherboard, also a different known good psu on freezing motherboard... do not attach anything else.
      Check and monitor all voltages are present and in range, not fluctating, before and after freezing, also check power good wire. Also check if on some rails have AC ripple present in mV...
      Check and put new termal paste and ensure to heatsink fit nicely.

Comment

1000w?
        whats in the pc?

Comment

thank you for taking the trouble to tell me, I had already repositioned thermal paste the problem is not heat, the computer may not be doing anything and it freezes, you can watch YouTube for 4hrs without stopping and nothing freezes sometimes it happens in an hour in 4, my surroundings has similar hardware I took the PSU and lent it to a good friend I have been using it for 4 days and I A said that nothing abnormal is happening on your PC, Then I can deduce that my motherboard is in trouble

Comment

yes sir PSU Corsair model AX1000 (atx modular)

Comment

try running Memtest86+ for a day

Comment

Working...
              X