Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CF-20A5101VM black screen

Hey folks,

I've got a black screen problem, some help would be awesome. I've tried flashing some of the bios bins I've found here, with folks with the same problem. I was in the middle of a bios update when I lost power. I'm most likely bricked as I only have a black screen, with green lights on and single beep powering off. I've attached a copy of my bin I pulled off the bios .

6GKSA10619
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Winter718 View Post
    Hey folks,

I've got a black screen problem, some help would be awesome. I've tried flashing some of the bios bins I've found here, with folks with the same problem. I was in the middle of a bios update when I lost power. I'm most likely bricked as I only have a black screen, with green lights on and single beep powering off. I've attached a copy of my bin I pulled off the bios .

6GKSA10619
    read..https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

So I've been at this all night and day, can't for the life of me get a bios bin from from bios update exe. Tried every bios that was posted for my cf-20 mk1. None are bringing her back to life.. all I get is a black screen with green lights. Weird thing is I'm using XGECU t48 programmer, after writing to bios successfully I reread the chip confirm that data is correct and matching with update file. But after trying to turn her on I read the winbond chip again to do a comparison with the file used they no longer mach?? I'm lost any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
      Alex

Comment

This is driving me nuts, can anyone take a look at these and maybe explain what is happening? Bios flashes normal, after flash I compare the flashed file in HxD with the original flash file everything matches. After trying to boot the cf-20 with no success I read the chip again and compare it to the the file I flashed onto the chip they are no longer the same?? I've attached the file I'm flashing as well as the file Im reading after trying to power her on, can anyone willing to help take a look at these and explain what is going on?
        Attached Files

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...20#post3223669

Comment

Hey Maxpower3, thank yout.
            yeah looked at that the other day, I just didn't think that was the same issue as me, as my problem started with a bios update that did not complete due to the cf-20 powering off. I was working perfectly fine prior to bios update failing.
            Do you really suspect I'm in the same boat?

Thank You,

Alex

Comment

I thought for a long time that it was also a bios problem, it worked very well and black screen after saving and exiting the bios configuration​
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...87#post1866387

Comment

I see, going to put it under the microscope and check out said area as well as others. I appreciate you brother, thank you.
                I must ask now, has your fix held up?

Comment

this morning, I still have a problem with black screen, I will be able to do other tests
                  Attached Files

Comment

another 20cf
                    no boot, black screen
                    after reflow chip backlight comes back​ and works perfectly again​
                    Cliquez sur l'image pour la voir en taille r?elleÃÃà  Nom : 		431754536_776124920645590_8664115761363697324_n.jpgÃÃà Affichages :	0ÃÃà Taille :		822,9 KoÃÃà ID : 			3232787 Cliquez sur l'image pour la voir en taille r?elleÃÃà  Nom : 		430978552_1336425613705289_5612201743100164231_n.jpgÃÃà Affichages :	0ÃÃà Taille :		186,8 KoÃÃà ID : 			3232788

the solder pads are still missing on one side​
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	429477575_378616354930070_8129028343556189756_n.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	552.1 KB
ID:	3232791
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Maxpower3; 03-11-2024, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Winter718 View Post
                      I see, going to put it under the microscope and check out said area as well as others. I appreciate you brother, thank you.
                      I must ask now, has your fix held up?
                      the two that I repaired have been working every day since. no worries, today the 3rd, to follow

if no bios here works, try it
                      just heats up a little or press to test
                      Last edited by Maxpower3; 03-11-2024, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Lol, Maxpower3. You are the man, thank you brothere. You advise was on point! She's back!

Comment

Reflowed , picture was before clean up of weld, but she is back. You are the best, don't know how you figured that one out, or why it's so common.

Comment

Happy that my solution worked

the cpu is just behind
                            metal phone support, Just an old thermal pad.
                            maybe a deformation of the card or heating.
                            All the ones I have have a lack of solder here

Afterwards we might be lucky and the CPU heating helps.
                            The 6th Gen and their internal graphics
                            Last edited by Maxpower3; 03-13-2024, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Yes, lack of solder was my issue as well. Seems like the unreachable sides directly under and around metal guard or support, frame, whatever it is.

Comment

Anybody know what offset or where accumulated operating hours are? Noticed one of the bin files has zero.

Comment

Working...
                                X