ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX517ZM da0njkmbae0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX517ZM da0njkmbae0

The bios chip of my ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX517ZM (motherboard da0njkmbae0 rev e) has blown up (seen another post like this for a slightly different model so it seems like a trend).
    Can somebody help me acquiring/building a working 32MB bios bin file (i am ok to flash it with CH341) for it please?
    Serial: N4NRCX02X264157
    (Would love to learn how to make a working bios from e.g. what asus provides with bios update but i understand its an incomplete file. Even if i would get
    a region file i don't know what to do with it )

Re: ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX517ZM da0njkmbae0

Originally posted by hunmike000 View Post
    The bios chip of my ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX517ZM (motherboard da0njkmbae0 rev e) has blown up (seen another post like this for a slightly different model so it seems like a trend).
    Can somebody help me acquiring/building a working 32MB bios bin file (i am ok to flash it with CH341) for it please?
    (Would love to learn how to make a working bios from e.g. what asus provides with bios update but i understand its an incomplete file. Even if i would get
    read...
    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I just realized that its not the BIOS chip that has blown up but a 32kbyte EEPROM (EEPROM CAT24C256WI-GT3 SOIC8 8P) [SU200 on ASUS _TUF_Gaming_F15_FX507ZM_60NR09A0_MB2010_FX507ZM_MB_0M_I7_12700H (.FZ).fz] so its unknown contents are forever gone.
      Haven't yet tried to read BIOS chip (GD25R256E) as i need to get some tools for QFN8.
      Anybody willing to dump the small EEPROM's contents for me? :cry:

Comment

SU200 location
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hunmike000 View Post
          Try This Not Tested
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Oasis39; 10-19-2023, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis39 View Post
            Try This Not Tested
            Thanks Oasis39!

I finally got the right header for my CH341 programmer to burn QFN chips.

I checked the image you have provided via the Intel Engine & Graphics Firmware Analysis Tool which showed me that the File System State is "Initialized" so I need to clear the ME region to get it into "Configured" state.

I attempted to clean the ME region using MFIT Intel tool. I can decompose the image you have given but unfortunately I am getting the following errors when I try to assemble the image.bin even when I am not touching the ME part (simple decompose the build):

Start decompose 'D:/bios/latest badcap/FX517ZM.bin' image.
            MFIT version used to build the image: 16.0.15.1662
            WARNING : Skipping ROMB. Missing...
            WARNING : Skipping FDCR. Missing...
            Decompose 'D:/bios/latest badcap/FX517ZM.bin' image completed successfully
            Build 'p:\Gen\HW\BIOS MOD\CSTXE System Tools v16\Modular Flash Image Tool\WIN32\image.bin' start...
            ERROR : Failed to build container: CsePlugin:AutoNvars
            ERROR : NVAR ProcEmulation file at path policy/cfgmgr/cfg_rules is readonly..
            Source: 'CsePlugin:AutoNvars'

Would you happen to know how to deal with this?

Many thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X