Panasonic CF-20 no screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic CF-20 no screen

Hello, dear forum users! I have a Panasonic CF-20A0198VM. After the update, the laptop rebooted, the screen was black with no image. Disabling the BIOS battery did not help. I am attaching a BIOS backup. Thank you in advance for your help!
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic CF-20 no screen

Originally posted by evgenymgv View Post
    Hello, dear forum users! I have a Panasonic CF-20A0198VM. After the update, the laptop rebooted, the screen was black with no image. Disabling the BIOS battery did not help. I am attaching a BIOS backup. Thank you in advance for your help!
    Post the serial number,it should be on a sticker on the bottom cover.

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Serial number: 6HKSA12465

Comment

Please share the working dump for this laptop.

Comment

Still relevant. I really need a working dump! Or information on how to collect a dump for flashing the programmer from the update from the support site. Also, it might be possible to check my dump and fix it...

Comment

Still relevant. I really need a working dump! Or information on how to collect a dump for flashing the programmer from the update from the support site. Also, it might be possible to check my dump and fix it...
            Try this one.

CF-20A/B/C/D (mk1)

Bios updated to V1.00L27 ,ME firmware to 11.8.93.4323

If its working you might have to install the latest ME driver and EC firmware

ME Driver: https://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/dow...4323_inf_2.exe
            EC: https://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/dow..._1_m195071.exe

Attached Files
            Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-12-2023, 07:43 AM.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              Try this one.

CF-20A/B/C/D (mk1)

Bios updated to V1.00L27 ,ME firmware to 11.8.93.4323

If its working you might have to install the latest ME driver and EC firmware

ME Driver: https://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/dow...4323_inf_2.exe
              EC: https://pc-dl.panasonic.co.jp/dl/dow..._1_m195071.exe

Thank you very much, the laptop came to life! Could you tell me what the problem was? And how did you manage to fix it? If you want, please send me a private message. Once again thank you very much!

Comment

Thank you very much, the laptop came to life! Could you tell me what the problem was? And how did you manage to fix it? If you want, please send me a private message. Once again thank you very much!
                The problem was in the ME firmware or bios region,don`t know which one.

Comment

Can I ask what you used to load the BIOS onto the chip?
                  I usually pull the chip and write to it in a programmer but the BIOS file atatched above is only 8MB so it must be a dump from AFUWIN or something similar

Comment

Originally posted by plnewton View Post

Can I ask what you used to load the BIOS onto the chip?
                    I usually pull the chip and write to it in a programmer but the BIOS file atatched above is only 8MB so it must be a dump from AFUWIN or something similar
                    Hello. The dump is 16MB in size, but in the archive it is 8MB. This dump is intended for writing to SPI flash using a programmer. I used RT809H, for example.
                    That is, just extract the dump from the archive and simply write it with the programmer.
                    Last edited by evgenymgv; 12-04-2023, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Hello. The dump is 16MB in size, but in the archive it is 8MB. This dump is intended for writing to SPI flash using a programmer. I used RT809H, for example.
                      That is, just extract the dump from the archive and simply write it with the programmer.
                      thanks for confirming

Comment

Working...
                      X