Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell inspiron 15.led light on,does not power on,just one funny sound every 3-4 secs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell inspiron 15.led light on,does not power on,just one funny sound every 3-4 secs.

I removed everything hook up to the board and still does not boot up, power led stays on but does no go beyond that, nothing on the screen, just one blocky sound coming from speaker.
    i attached the schematic, maybe some of you guys can help me.
    so far i notice that the drain side of PQ702,PQ703,PQ700 line is shorted to ground.
    Attached Files

Re: Dell inspiron 15.led light on,does not power on,just one funny sound every 3-4 se

What type of sound?
    Did you go through bios beep codes?

Comment

Re: Dell inspiron 15.led light on,does not power on,just one funny sound every 3-4 se

is this problem solved, i am also having same issue on dell 3521 i3 board, pls post here the solution

Comment

no solution yet, still doing the same, im thinking it might be embedded graphics chip/processor.

Comment

[QUOTE=dspok;567532]What type of sound?
          Did you go through bios beep codes?[/QUOTE

it doesnt go to bios , not even the dell logo. and the sounds are not beep codes, its a single screeching noise coming from speakers....weirdly enough the laptop stays on the whole time, never shuts off.

Comment

did u tried to flash the bios by removing the eprom chip and flasing by flaher/eprom programmer and putting it back on motherboard, many forums says that its a eprom bios error, a common issue with insyde UEFI BIOS program especially on dell 3521 series.

Comment

if it sounds like 'tek' 'tek' then try flashing BIOS.
              Generally 34XX and 35XX series have this problem.

Comment

ok ill try flashing bios

Comment

Originally posted by dspok View Post
                  if it sounds like 'tek' 'tek' then try flashing BIOS.
                  Generally 34XX and 35XX series have this problem.
                  This is exactly the sound its making but i wont allow it to even boot up from usb stick, it starts making that noise 5 seconds after i press the power button

Comment

Use EEPROM programmer instead USB stick.

Comment

can you recommend me one?

Comment

Any Idea about this tuk tuk sound
                        sigpic

Comment

it is bios problem as stated...just reflash...

Comment

Originally posted by Djosla View Post
                            it is bios problem as stated...just reflash...

reflashed done with 2mb and 4 mb noluck

sigpic

Comment

most of tuk-tuk sound is starting mosfet, but detecting short and goes off

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
                                most of tuk-tuk sound is starting mosfet, but detecting short and goes off
                                Thank you very much
                                sigpic

Comment

first of all check for stdby voltages from the dc to dc check ac det and ac ok signal.if all okay the micom kb9012 need to program. as it is a common fault with these machines. should sort it

Comment

Originally posted by guruji View Post
                                    first of all check for stdby voltages from the dc to dc check ac det and ac ok signal.if all okay the micom kb9012 need to program. as it is a common fault with these machines. should sort it
                                    Thanks for the reply .I believe that up to kbc is fine ,kbc releases resume reset too. I have no idea to program kbc Please tell me simply.ac ok signal releasing 3.3 v from pu100 thanks
                                    sigpic

Comment

Has this issue been resolved? I have the same problem with a Dell 15-3521.

Comment

Working...
                                      X