My Sony Laptop died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Sony Laptop died

i never take my laptop outdoors, had it sitting on a cooling pad along with another large fan to cool it

there's a green button to turn it on, tried Battery as well as adapter

thinking its a Motherboard issue since CPU, RAM, HD were upgraded recently

heard about "reflowing" but the idea of putting anything in the oven is kinda freaky

if i have proper soldering tools, can i just add solder?

specs:
    http://www.cnet.com/products/sony-va...am-160-gb-hdd/
    Attached Files

Re: My Sony Laptop died

hi, problem and synthomus even not described well.

does notebook fan spin when u press power button ?

if so could be a bad northbridge or bad ram or cpu or corrupted bios.

if fan doesnt spin:

a) if u have 3.3 and 5 volt, could be bios, nb, kbc
    b) if no 3.3 and 5 volt, bad power circuit

Comment

i cant even turn it on, i recently replaced the fan as the old one was worn out and made sure it was oem

i like always like modifying things and it just wont turn on

lot of people have had problems with jack for charger but like i said, it never left its spot in my room

Comment

You've got a power issue there. Nothing about putting the board in the oven or things like that. Do you have a multimeter?
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

i have a few...what should i be testing? i have it apart and can take pics

Comment

First make sure your charger is putting the right voltage out by plugging in the wall and measure the other end. If voltage is good, I would pull the battery and then plug in the charger and see if any thing turns on. Any LED?

Comment

Then I would start eliminating sections and see if you can get a led or power
              light. Even if you only have the main board and nothing else you should get a light of a LED or power light.

Comment

FINALLY got around to fixing this. ended up buying a new Laptop and put this on the back burner

thought it was the Motherboard after checking all suggestions, replaced and its running great!

Comment

Working...
                X