Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caps and num lock blink 4 times

I am sitting with a very similar issue.

Basically, had a probook that worked, gave it to someone, they returned it DOA. what the heck happened, I have no idea.

Caps and num lock blink 4 times, as per HP, thats a board failure. I am very new to this, so perhaps I should be posting a new thread?

Anyway, I resoldered the bios chip on after trying EVERYTHING else including reseating ram, cpu etc.

Multimeter shows 19.5V on power, so I presume thats correct. Fan spins, no display. No post. Bios chip looks good from what I can tell just not sure how to test if it's faulty? Haven't got that far in my very newly acquired studies as yet.

Saw a youtube video (Very blurry) of a indian guy using copper wire to do something odd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOMoTpC8Nx4 <<< here. My HP is doing EXACTLY the same including the same lights when plugging the power in.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Whats the laptop model number and the motherboard model number ?
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

HP Probook 450G1

Rampage 12241-1 - Same as the OP's.

EDIT : I've also ordered a BIOS re-programmer, as that's what most people have done and it has come right. I honestly do not see how something works the 1 day, and then completely fails the next. The lady I gave it to must have tried to update the BIOS or something and turned it off half way through or something.

Comment

I resurrected an HP 8570w with a corrupted BIOS just a few days ago which had failed to come out of standby.
        Device came on, no boot logo, fan ramping up, no sceen output, 5 blinks on caps lock and amber lights on wifi and volume button.
        All voltages checked okay, Bios recovery did not work, so I desoldered the chip and flashed a known good one with a programmer. UEFI BIOSes are weird sometimes,
        especially HP... :-)

Comment

Working...
        X