Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU replace | OEM Hash key poblem

first of all hello everyone
    If there is a short circuit on the motherboard of the HP laptop. The CPU was broken (i3-10th) I found a donor motherboard on ebay and replaced the CPU.
    The CPU on the donor motherboard had the OEM Hash key. But I did not check the OEM Hash key before ordering the donor motherboard.
    Normally, after changing the CPU, the motherboard started and the white LED light on the DC jack was blinking.
    The motherboard was in reset state and the current drawn was 60mah.
    I checked the BIOS information and added the OEM Hash key on the donor motherboard to the BIOS.
    This time the motherboard started and shut down 3 times and the current drawn was 620mah.
    then it was fixed at 620mah current. and caps lock 5 long 3 short gives blink error (BIOS error)
    I tried many edits in BIOS but I did not get any results.
    Now my real question. Won't a CPU with an OEM Hash key work on another motherboard? Because I added the OEM Hash key to the other BIOS.
    By the way, bootguard was at profile 0

If the donor board was exactly the same then just cleaning the ME firmware would have been enough,if there was an OEM key in the original bios it should still be there after cleaning. 5 long 3 short could be a bios problem or RAM pins not soldered.Post your original bios backup in the bios requests section if you want someone to have a look at it.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

CPU broken motherboard code: da0padmb8g0 (OEM has key - empty) SRGKF (Intel Core i3-1005G1)
      Donor motherboard code: 6050A3156701-MB-A01 (OEM has key) SRGKF (Intel Core i3-1005G1)

this broken&donor board BIOS

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      If the donor board was exactly the same then just cleaning the ME firmware would have been enough,if there was an OEM key in the original bios it should still be there after cleaning. 5 long 3 short could be a bios problem or RAM pins not soldered.Post your original bios backup in the bios requests section if you want someone to have a look at it.
      There is no problem with CPU soldering. It was soldered ideally.

Comment

Mr admin. I did not open a BIOS request. So, I shared the other BIOS file in case someone wants to change or analyze this section in the BIOS. Because, the issue is already related to BIOS

Comment

Sure that Boot Guard was disabled in the PCH? Need check the report of MEInfo on the running machine before removing CPU…
          If it is enabled in the PCH, you can only use it with BIOSes signed with the correct key.
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
            Sure that Boot Guard was disabled in the PCH? Need check the report of MEInfo on the running machine before removing CPU…
            If it is enabled in the PCH, you can only use it with BIOSes signed with the correct key.
            Boot Guard profile is in order 0. But it has a Hash key, that is, OEM configuration.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	177.6 KB
ID:	3249898

Comment

What matters are the PCH Field Programmable Fuses (FPF). If Boot Guard Verified Boot is enabled in the PCH fuses, then the BIOS needs to be signed for the fused key.
              OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                What matters are the PCH Field Programmable Fuses (FPF). If Boot Guard Verified Boot is enabled in the PCH fuses, then the BIOS needs to be signed for the fused key.
                Can this processor work if the BIOS is signed?
                Or can I get results if I make a change via Flash Image Tool?
                Because I made changes in many places with FIT but I couldn't get any results.

Comment

Working...
                X